This is a rare opportunity to join a successful global engineering specialist based in Hixon, near Stafford. Working within the Finance team you will provide administrative assistance to the Finance and payroll Team.
Your day to day role will give you the freedom to manage your workload across the responsibilities listed below. Support will be immediately at hand should you need it. We will provide full training.
The role attracts free on-site parking, is readily commutable from within Staffordshire, West Derbyshire and West Midlands.
- General accounts/finance administration
- Processing/calculating weekly timesheets
- Data entry into Excel to assist with client submissions
- Recording of employees overseas working
- Inputting of payroll data on to spreadsheets
- Processing timesheets into accounts programme
- Processing employee expenses and writing journals
- Reconciliation of expenses spreadsheets
- Dealing with company credit card expenses
- Updating employee holiday records
- Dealing with queries
- Filing duties
- Other general administrative duties reasonably associated with the role
The Ideal Candidate
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE
• Microsoft packages knowledge, in particular Excel, Word and Outlook
• Knoweldge of accounting systems would be helpful
• Business, finance or administration qualification at further education level
• Previous experience of working in a similar role
• Excellent numeracy skills
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook skills
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
• Organisational skills
• You must be able to work on your own initiative and able to prioritise your work load
• Able to stay calm under pressure
• Team worker
• Flexible and proactive
This role is suitable for part-time/reduced hours approximately 30 per week to be mutually agreed.
About the Company
ALE is an engineering specialist. The core activity of the group involves engineering solutions for the horizontal and vertical movement of very large individual items.
Our expertise lies in all aspects of heavy lifting and transportation, including specialised cranes, transporters, hydraulic equipment, and barges. The unique nature of our work means that we rely on highly skilled operators and engineers to work on our projects in a safety critical environment.
ALE serve a wide variety of industry sectors worldwide, ranging from power generation to ports, from renewables to oil and gas, and from civil engineering to mining. We work both onshore and offshore, and in many other challenging environments from high altitude, to desert and even arctic conditions. Our customers include the top global Engineering Procurement and Contracting companies (EPCs), oil and gas companies, NOCs, major infrastructure specialists, governments, ports and other contractors.
Formed in 1983, ALE employs 1,500 people in 38 businesses across the world. The company has grown tenfold in the last ten years, and is continuing to reach out to new locations and sectors.