Fitter / Rigger / Operator ALE Spain
ALE provide bespoke transport, lifting and installation solutions based upon each client's needs. As Rigger / Fitter / Operator you will be at the forefront of these operations, you will therefore be committed to carrying out all of your duties in a safe, responsible and efficient manner. Your primary role will be to help in assembling steel structures and preparing for the lifting of heavy items. As part of this role you will operate a fork lift and may also operate hydraulic lifting equipment. Previous experience is an advantage, but full training will be given. The ability to work at height safely is an important feature of this role.
The base will be Daganzo (Madrid – Spain) with displacements for 2/3 months to a project (in Europe or North Africa or West Africa).
In addition, you will have the opportunity to develop your skills in operating, driving, loading, offloading and mobilizing all types of hydraulic trailers and heavy vehicles. Whilst prior experience is an advantage, full training will be given prior to the use of any of this equipment.
No two projects are the same, and project sites will be at a number of destinations both within Spain and internationally. If you’re looking for a role that provides constant challenge and variety, then look no further.
- Installation and fitting of steel structures
- Rigging – using hoists, cranes, lifting gear, pulleys and jacks to lift and move items.
- Operation of fork lift
- Working at height
- Operation of other hydraulic lifting equipment
- Drive, load / offload, mobilise and operation of trailers and specialised ALE transport equipment (eg. Trailers / SPT / SPMT)
- General maintenance of equipment
- Liaise on a daily basis with the operations manager and / or line manager.
- To ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with legal, company and client regulations.
- To use and maintain all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), reporting any defects to your supervisor
- Complete daily checks of all plant equipment in your care.
- Work with the supervisor to control the allocated work area through demarcation to ensure unauthorised personal do not enter the work area.
- Promote and ensure good housekeeping is practiced at all times.
- To follow the correct procedure to report details of any accident, incident or nonconformity and to participate in the investigation of the aforementioned.
- To promote and participate in all Health, Safety, Quality and Environment initiatives.
- To understand that preventing injury, damage and nonconformity will improve company profit and efficiency.
- You may be expected to deputise for other personnel from time to time.
The Ideal Candidate
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE - ESSENTIAL
- Qualified fork lift operator
- Relevant Working at Height qualifications
- A good level of english
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE - DESIREABLE
- Heavy vehicle operation
- Cherry picker operation
EXPERIENCE - ESSENTIAL
- Fork lift operation on a busy site or yard
- Working at height
EXPERIENCE - DESIREABLE
- Operation and maintenance of trailers, including SPT and SPMT
- Previous experience working with hydraulic and / or mechanical equipment
- Demonstrates a willingness to increase knowledge in all professional and technical areas of expertise;
- Operation and maintenance of heavy / abnormal trucks
- Maintains an appropriate level of understanding of relevant legislation governing project management, human resource management, OHS& E and Workplace Relations.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS – DESIREABLE
- Willing to relocate internationally
- International driving license
Competitive dependent upon experience
About the Company
ALE is an engineering specialist. The core activity of the group involves engineering solutions for the horizontal and vertical movement of very large individual items.
Our expertise lies in all aspects of heavy lifting and transportation, including specialised cranes, transporters, hydraulic equipment, and barges. The unique nature of our work means that we rely on highly skilled operators and engineers to work on our projects in a safety critical environment.
ALE serve a wide variety of industry sectors worldwide, ranging from power generation to ports, from renewables to oil and gas, and from civil engineering to mining. We work both onshore and offshore, and in many other challenging environments from high altitude, to desert and even arctic conditions. Our customers include the top global Engineering Procurement and Contracting companies (EPCs), oil and gas companies, NOCs, major infrastructure specialists, governments, ports and other contractors.
Formed in 1983, ALE employs 1,500 people in 38 businesses across the world. The company has grown tenfold in the last ten years, and is continuing to reach out to new locations and sectors.