Project Cost Controller
- Preparation of project budget with Project Manager for review by General Manager and Regional Financial Controller
- Tracking of project performance against budget and analysis of variance
- Preparation of sales invoice requests to Accounting & Finance Manager with supporting documentation, including tracking of rechargeable costs
- Tracking of contractual sales variations and identifying opportunities to maximize billings
- Monthly project review with Project Manager, Accounting & Finance Manager, Regional Financial Controller, and General Manager, to determine sales and purchase accruals
- Subcontractor management including verifying and checking of invoices and claims for suppliers, vendors, and subcontractors to ensure all project expenditures are captured and properly recorded
- Utilisation of a Purchase Order system including correct allocation of costs
- Review of project hours from timesheets, including overtime and work schedule, and discussion with Project Manager
- Ensure project budget key points are understood by the Project Team and Operations Contribution and general development of internal Cost Control procedures.
- Contribution and general development of the Company Cost Reporting Templates to reduce inefficiencies and to ensure the report structure is as much efficient as possible.
- Assist the Project where necessary to ensure that it operates efficiently and effectively.
The Ideal Candidate
- Male or Female, age between 28 – 45 years
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Accounting & Finance with the major costing is preferred or related field
- 5 years’ experience in project cost control
- Computer Literacy in MS Office, E-mail, Internet
- Strong communication and writing/reading skills in English
- Valid driver’s license with strong driving skill and good driving record
- Able to work with multi-tasks simultaneously and under pressure
- Initiative, Problem Solving, Strong Analytical Skill, Planning and Organizing
- Strong management, Self-organized, dependable, reliable and flexible working hours
- Willingness and availability to be based on each project site (above regions but not limited to) for long periods and move between sites whenever required
About the Company
ALE is a leading provider of heavy lifting and transportation solutions to a wide variety of industry sectors worldwide, ranging from power generation to ports, from renewables to oil and gas, and from civil engineering to mining. We work with clients both onshore and offshore, and in many other challenging environments from high altitude, to desert and even arctic conditions. Our expertise lies in all aspects of heavy lifting and transportation, including specialised cranes, transporters, hydraulic equipment, and barges. The unique nature of our work means that we rely on highly skilled operators and engineers to work on our projects in a safety critical environment.