Our engineering teams are at the heart of our business, and are critical to our continued success. As a Structural Engineer within ALE, you will be involved with the design of innovative, high quality, cost effective and safe solutions for our clients, then ensuring that these solutions are delivered on time and on budget to the client’s satisfaction whilst meeting our stringent commitments to health and safety, quality and impact on the environment. No two projects are the same, and project sites will be at a number of destinations both within and outside of the UK If you’re looking for a role that provides constant challenge and variety, then look no further.
- To support the engineering and fabrication departments by providing structural analysis, member check calculations and engineering drawings, liaising with suppliers and subcontractors, generating cost estimates and planning.
To ensure engineering, health, safety, quality and environmental procedures are followed.To carryout structural analysis of concepts proposed by Project Engineers, carryout member checks and produce engineering drawings in a timely manner ensuring that such documents comply with company procedures, legislative guidance and good practice
- To produce calculations to required standards
- To liaise with the Engineering management team and General Manager to ensure that all projects meet the company quality standards and deadlines
- To liaise with other departments and their relevant managers to ensure that fabrication is optimised
- To obtain quotes to raise orders for steel prices, profiles, machining etc.
- To support the Engineering Department when necessary by producing documents, drawings, flow charts and standard specifications
- Assisting the company in the development of staff by guiding / training other team members as necessary.
- Verify that the appropriate documentation, PPE, equipment and labour are advised for the project (and or load test) that you are assigned.
- To communicate and co-operate fully in order to ensure that we deliver best in class service to our clients.
- Ensure that the company’s interests and image are projected at all times through good practice, safe working throughout the working day.
- Take an active lead in site safety
- Ensure compliance and awareness of legal, company and client safety regulations in respect of all engineering. To plan and carry out all work in accordance with these requirements.
- To encourage all employees to show awareness and attention to detail in HSQE matters and to ensure that all statutory forms, registers and records are being used, adhered to, kept up to date and are available for inspection / audit.
- Understand and comply with procedures as outlined in method statements / risk assessment documentation, and actively participate in and/or conduct toolbox and HSQE briefings. To ensure that all information affecting site health and safety is being communicated to the workforce by use of toolbox talks or HSQE briefings.
- To ensure that the company policies and site procedures / Methods Statements / Risk Assessments are implemented and adhered to at all times during the contract. Also to advise on the development of improved safe working procedures / Method Statements and to monitor their implementation
- In addition to the above you may be expected to deputise for other personnel from time to time, in order to assist the company with the smooth running of its operations.
The Ideal Candidate
Qualifications – Essential:
Degree in a related Engineering discipline
Qualifications – Desirable:
CCNSG Safety Passport
Risk Assessment Training
Knowledge, Skills & Experience (Essential):
At least 5 years experience in a structural / design engineering department.
Use of relevant Steelwork design/detailing standards (eg BS5950-1 / EC3) and an appreciation of fabrication processes
Eligibility to work in the UK (no restrictions)
Competitive salary dependent upon experience
About the Company
ALE is a leading provider of heavy lifting and transportation solutions to a wide variety of industry sectors worldwide, ranging from power generation to ports, from renewables to oil and gas, and from civil engineering to mining. We work with clients both onshore and offshore, and in many other challenging environments from high altitude, to desert and even arctic conditions. Our expertise lies in all aspects of heavy lifting and transportation, including specialised cranes, transporters, hydraulic equipment, and barges. The unique nature of our work means that we rely on highly skilled operators and engineers to work on our projects in a safety critical environment.