The loads ALE transports are of high value for our customers and therefore ALE wants to set the highest standard in preparations and execution of these transports. Varying from the jack-up of a 45.000t oil platform to installing a 100t pedestrian bridge, all loads need to be transported and installed according the high ALE standards and safety requirements. Your job is to draft and create moderately complex drawings and sketches used in the R&D process of our heavy lifting and transport projects. These drawings will ensure that our R&D Team members are technically supported by solving heavy lift/transport challenges.
*Drawings for General Arrangement, Welding, Machining detail, Hydraulic piping and Electrical Schemes)
The Ideal Candidate
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE - ESSENTIAL
- MBO Technical degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Design or at least 3 years’ experience in a similar job.
- Experience with CAD software
- Knowledge of manufacturing
- Oral and written Dutch and English skills
- Good active knowledge of IT applications such as Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Projects).
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE - DESIREABLE
- Knowledge of the heavylift / transport sector
EXPERIENCE - DESIREABLE
- Relevant experience in a similar position
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES - ESSENTIAL
- Independent worker but also able to work in a team
OTHER REQUIREMENTS – ESSENTIAL
- Current and valid driving license
- Current and valid passport, no restrictions
- Conduct of good behavior
About the Company
ALE is a leading provider of heavy lifting and transportation solutions to a wide variety of industry sectors worldwide, ranging from power generation to ports, from renewables to oil and gas, from civil engineering to mining or decommissioning. We work with clients both onshore and offshore, and in many other challenging environments from high altitude, to desert and even arctic conditions. Our expertise lies in all aspects of heavy lifting and transportation, including specialised cranes, transporters, hydraulic equipment, and barges. The Research and Development Department is developing our own equipment. The unique nature of our work means that we rely on highly skilled operators and engineers to work on our projects in a safety critical environment.