As an Assistant Accountant, you will be responsible for providing support to the ALE Australia Finance function, and work under the guidance of the Senior Financial Accountant in the preparation of monthly management accounts and associated tasks.
The role is suited to an individual with relevant degree and experience working toward their Professional qualifications.
- Maintenance of Fixed Assets administration and Capex proposals
- Determine monthly accruals and post journal entries
- Analyse, calculate and post prepayments
- Raising journals in general ledger and various subledgers
- Bank Reconciliations
- General Ledger reconciliations
- Analysis of expenditure
- Process End to End Accounts Receivable including Project work and maintenance of Ledgers
- Have knowledge of end to end Accounts Payable processes
- Liaising with non financial departments in raising accurate and timely claims for works carried out
- Credit Control
- Administration of BAS returns.
- Processing of Inter Company expenses and confirming balances world wide
- To ensure a timely and accurate monthly closure
- Assist in the budget, forecasting cycles
- Assist in the yearly audit preparation and preparation of the annual accounts
- Randomly audit work flow to assure that all accounting transactions are appropriately authorized
- Assist in the preparation of the various monthly and yearly management account reports
- Assist in the implementation of new systems
- Other adhoc management requests
The Ideal Candidate
About the Company
ALE is a leading provider of heavy lifting and transportation solutions to a wide variety of industry sectors worldwide, ranging from power generation to ports, from renewables to oil and gas, and from civil engineering to mining. We work with clients both onshore and offshore, and in many other challenging environments from high altitude, to desert and even arctic conditions. Our expertise lies in all aspects of heavy lifting and transportation, including specialised cranes, transporters, hydraulic equipment, and barges. The unique nature of our work means that we rely on highly skilled operators and engineers to work on our projects in a safety critical environment.