Assistant Financial Controller
The Assistant Financial Controller is the owner of all internal and external information reporting for our business in Eindhoven. With experience in the financial reporting processes in a group, you will be up to date with current regulations affecting the industry and effects upon the company, and also knowledgeable about company procedures and compliance issues.
The Assistant Financial Controller is the custodian of all financial & taxation controls in the branch and you will be responsible for ensuring that all reporting is in line with the desired timetable, group policy and local regulations.
The ideal candidate will probably have a background in one of the big 4 accounting firms, and be ready to make the next step in their career.
- Prepare and control the monthly, quarterly and annual accounts of the Branch
- Prepare and Controls the annual consolidated financial statements of the branch
- Prepare all branch internal and external reporting
- Review the results of Internal Audits and implement recommendations
- Organize department meetings quarterly.
- Bring the payroll and personnel department.
- Bringing project management in coordination with the project manager.
- Pay bills of suppliers, subcontractors, etc.. in accordance with the Procurement Policy
- Preparation and payment of taxes.
- Provide regular financial information to management or holding.
- Ensure that the computer system is operational and well organized (eg, backup system, software, hardware, licenses, etc..).
- Ensure that the department has the tools, appropriate software and hardware
- Evaluate all staff of the department annually.
- Report regularly to the Director and Regional Manager
- Implement and maintain management system
- Treasury management, taking into account the balance between revenue and expenditure.
- Create a suitable working environment for all staff.
- Maintain contact with the head office in relation to reporting.
- Coordinate the annual audit of the company.
- Participate with the Board of Directors and in the overall management of the company.
- Maintain cost control policy.
The Ideal Candidate
Knowledge, Skills & Experience (Essential)
Knowledge of financial controls, & reporting within a large group
Knowledge, Skills & Experience (Desirable):
3 years’ experience in a similar role.
Competitive salary and benefits package based on skills and experience
About the Company
ALE is an engineering specialist. The core activity of the group involves engineering solutions for the horizontal and vertical movement of very large individual items.
Our expertise lies in all aspects of heavy lifting and transportation, including specialised cranes, transporters, hydraulic equipment, and barges. The unique nature of our work means that we rely on highly skilled operators and engineers to work on our projects in a safety critical environment.
ALE serve a wide variety of industry sectors worldwide, ranging from power generation to ports, from renewables to oil and gas, and from civil engineering to mining. We work both onshore and offshore, and in many other challenging environments from high altitude, to desert and even arctic conditions. Our customers include the top global Engineering Procurement and Contracting companies (EPCs), oil and gas companies, NOCs, major infrastructure specialists, governments, ports and other contractors.
Formed in 1983, ALE employs 1,800 people in 40 businesses across the world. The company has grown tenfold in the last ten years, and is continuing to reach out to new locations and sectors.