Contract Engineer - Middle East
- Assisting, preparing and enabling contractual, legal and commercial negotiations with clients/suppliers.
- Monitoring contractual aspects on the projects with the project management and operations.
- Manage the timely issuance of variations and claims across all projects to protect ALE's commercial interests.
- Develop and implement strategy and processes to ensure that all additional charge demands and opportunities are identified and registered timely with the client ensuring appropriate documentation is in place to support these demands.
- Ensure that all stakeholders understand and adhere to contractual obligations and business risk.
- Assist PM's, Sales and Operations in achieving revenue and margin optimisation throughout the pre and post contract award phases.
- Ensure adequate risk management practices are in place prior to project commencement.
- Ensuring the Cost Control Procedures of ALE are integrated successfully within business units and individual projects.
- Attend Project Commercial Handover meetings to ensure Project Budgets and key contractual opportunities and risks are understood by the Project Managers and the Operations team.
- Analyse and identify improvement initiative within the project budgets alive and on an ongoing basis. Including analysis of Cost Control Reports owned by PM's and/or Operations. Identify possible budget overruns and implement mitigation procedures with the PM's and/or clients. Ensure that project over-runs are being adequately controlled and ensure that contractual liabilities of the contract are being absorbed / charged to the client where possible.
- Close out Commercial Meetings and lessons learnt with Projects/Operations. Implement and monitor improvement processes to ensure lessons learnt and information share. Pre-Post and during project execution.
- Compliance with the Company Procedures and HSQE Policies and objectives.
The Ideal Candidate
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE - ESSENTIAL
- Legal Degree preferable, Quantity Surveying or Business degree shall also be considered.
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE - DESIRABLE
- Any certification in Arbitration and Project Management is considered as an asset.
EXPERIENCE - DESIRABLE
- 2 years contract management experience in similar sector. Preferably a mixture of pre and post award contract management experience.
- Offshore sector and BIMCO form of contract Middle East is a plus.
SKILLS - ESSENTIAL
- Proficiency in Excel / Word / Outlook.
- Perfect English both written and oral.
SKILLS - DESIRABLE
- Arabic both written and oral is a plus
- Experience with an ERP software is considered an asset.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES - ESSENTIAL
- Strong personality and able to work under pressure.
- Ability to multitask and reprioritize at short notice.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good communication skills, proactive, and good initiative.
- Independent worker, minimal supervision required.
- Self-motivated driven.
- Able to learn new techniques and procedures.
- Meticulous and organized.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS - ESSENTIAL
- Current and valid driving license.
- Valid passport with no restrictions.
Competitive package with tax free salary
About the Company
ALE is a leading provider of heavy lifting and transportation solutions to a wide variety of industry sectors worldwide, ranging from power generation to ports, from renewables to oil and gas, and from civil engineering to mining. We work with clients both onshore and offshore, and in many other challenging environments from high altitude, to desert and even arctic conditions. Our expertise lies in all aspects of heavy lifting and transportation, including specialised cranes, transporters, hydraulic equipment, and barges. The unique nature of our work means that we rely on highly skilled operators and engineers to work on our projects in a safety critical environment.