Crawler Crane Operator
We have a number of opportunities for skilled crawler crane operators (cranes ranging from 250 to 1000 tonnes) with rigging and heavy haulage driving experience. Our continued growth in the USA, providing crane services to major refineries as well as engaging in many of the major projects in and around Texas means that there are also progression opportunities for the right candidates with the desire to develop.
As a crane operator for ALE, you will be professional, dedicated and take pride in providing service excellence to our customers and representing the ALE brand.
- Operate and drive crawler cranes, lifting a diverse range of loads in a wide variety of locations and situations.
- Installation, loading, offloading of heavy and abnormal loads
- Ensure all pre-operational checks are carried out and recorded, and report any deviations and / or malfunctions of equipment in a timely manner. When equipment has been reassembled post-transport, ensure a functional test is carried out on site
- Ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with legal, company and client regulations
- General maintenance of equipment
- Liaise daily with supervisor, operations manager and / or line manager
- Deliver, organize and attend toolbox talks and kick-off meetings as required
- Ensure that all Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental (HSQE) requirements are met, and promote and participate in all HSQE and training initiatives such as SSOT
- Follow the correct procedure to report details of any accident, incident or nonconformity and to participate in the investigation
The Ideal Candidate
- NCCCO Crane operator licence
- Driving licence as required to move cranes by road
- Other licences for plant and equipment, e.g. Forklift, telehandler, MEWP, etc
- Maintenance schedule and requirements for cranes
- Safe operation of cranes and planning of lifts
- Best practice slinging, signalling, rigging
- Minimum 3 years’ experience operating cranes of a similar type and configuration
- Performing routine maintenance on cranes
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- The ability to plan, organize and work efficiently under pressure
- Competent grasp of the English language, spoken and written
- Proactive, with high level of self-motivation and confidence
- Good communicator – able to give clear concise instructions to operational personnel
- Able to work as part of a team and assist in all job requirements
- Able to learn new techniques and procedures
- Able to adapt communication style to suit audience (Site personnel – Client – Project manager)
- Able to invent and propose new methods of work / modifications to existing systems
- Able to solve ad-hoc problems quickly with clearly defined solutions
- Willing to travel and work nationally and internationally for extensive periods
- Driving licence
About the Company
Our expertise lies in all aspects of heavy lifting and transportation, including specialised cranes, transporters, hydraulic equipment, and barges. The unique nature of our work means that we rely on highly skilled operators and engineers to work on our projects in a safety critical environment.
ALE serve a wide variety of industry sectors worldwide, ranging from power generation to ports, from renewables to oil and gas, and from civil engineering to mining. We work both onshore and offshore, and in many other challenging environments from high altitude, to desert and even arctic conditions. Our customers include the top global Engineering Procurement and Contracting companies (EPCs), oil and gas companies, NOCs, major infrastructure specialists, governments, ports and other contractors.
Formed in 1983, ALE employs 2,100 people in 40 businesses across the world. The company has grown tenfold in the last ten years, and is continuing to reach out to new locations and sectors.