As an electrical technician you will be responsible for the operation and maintenance of ALE Offshore Services equipment both in the workshop and on site. You will be an integral member of the ALE team and will have a full and varied role.
- Load / offload, install, operate and maintain Offshore Services equipment including but not limited to, strand jacks, hydraulic power units, ballast pumps, hydraulic jacks and weighing equipment. Rigging and general lifting equipment.
- Wiring and testing of electrical systems.
- Repair / fault find our electrical systems on site to maintain the relevant operation.
- Guide / train other team members where necessary.
- Ensure that the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is worn at all times as required
- Liaise with operations department and / or line manager.
- Communicate and co-operate fully in order to ensure that we deliver the best in class of service to our clients.
- Ensure that the company's interests and image are projected at all times through good practice and safe working.
- Should you feel that safety is being compromised then it is your duty to bring the matter to the attention of a member of the senior management team.
- To participate in all Health, Safety, Quality and Environment(HSQE) initiatives such as prevention of non-conformities in the form of accidents, injuries and illness and to actively seek to eliminate any unsafe work practices and conditions.
- To ensure all work is carried out in accordance with legal, company and client safety regulations, risk assessments and method statements..
- Complete and hand in training log book as required.
- Verify that daily equipment checks are completed and recorded in accordance with company procedures
- Promote and ensure compliance with good housekeeping practices at all times.
- To ensure all checklists are completed and authorised prior to the commencement of work.
- To follow company procedure to report any accident or incident, and to actively participate in accident, incident or nonconformity investigations in a prompt and professional manner.
- To understand that preventing injury, damage and nonconformity will improve company profit and efficiency
- You may be excepted to deputise for other personnel from time to time
The Ideal Candidate
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE
Electrical City and Guilds, ONC, NVQ3 or similar qualification.
HNC or above in electronic/electrical engineering or similar qualification, PLC controlled equipment, VB6, C and C++ programming, I.T. conversant, experience in a similar role.
Working with Low voltage and ELV systems. Understanding of electrical/electronic equipment and its applications.
Electrical, hydraulic and mechanical maintenance. PLC and IT systems. Working with electrical systems in the field.
Abiltiy to wire and test electrical systems, read and understand electrical schematics, trouble shooting and fault finding.
PLC and computer programming.
- High level of self motivation
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good communicator
- Able to work as part of a team
- Able to learn new techniques and procedures
Able to invent and propose new methods of work/modifications to existing systems
- Willing to travel and work within and outside of the UK for extensive periods including occasional offshore working
- Current valid driving license
- Current valid passport, no restrictions
- International driving licence
- Offshore survival certificate
- Offshore medical certificate
- MIST certificate
About the Company
ALE is an engineering specialist. The core activity of the group involves engineering solutions for the horizontal and vertical movement of very large individual items.
Our expertise lies in all aspects of heavy lifting and transportation, including specialised cranes, transporters, hydraulic equipment, and barges. The unique nature of our work means that we rely on highly skilled operators and engineers to work on our projects in a safety critical environment.
ALE serve a wide variety of industry sectors worldwide, ranging from power generation to ports, from renewables to oil and gas, and from civil engineering to mining. We work both onshore and offshore, and in many other challenging environments from high altitude, to desert and even arctic conditions. Our customers include the top global Engineering Procurement and Contracting companies (EPCs), oil and gas companies, NOCs, major infrastructure specialists, governments, ports and other contractors.
Formed in 1983, ALE employs 1,500 people in 38 businesses across the world. The company has grown tenfold in the last ten years, and is continuing to reach out to new locations and sectors.