Finance Manager - South Africa
The Finance Manager (FM) is the owner of all internal and external information reporting for South Africa and nearby countries including all financial & taxation controls, ensures all reporting is in line with the timetable, group policy and local regulations.
With multiple experiences in financial accounting, the FM has excellent supervisory skills, strong software knowledge and is detail oriented. The FM will have good communication links with the commercial and operational managers to support their objectives of growing the business within the agreed control environment.
The FM demonstrates best management practice
The ideal candidate will also be up to date with current regulations affecting the industry and effects upon the company, is knowledgeable about company procedures and compliance issues.
- Ensure all businesses in the region adhere to group accounting policies
- Applies knowledge of GAAP, accrual base accounting, organisational auditing and tax filing
- Leads learning and development plans for the accounting resource within each operation
- Controls the accuracy and timeliness of all weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual accounts and budgets of the region.
- Lead contact on internal and external audit
- Supports the commercial leadership on both prospecting, operational performance and balance sheet items including projects reports, contracting controls, fixed asset controls, AR and AP
The Ideal Candidate
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE - DESIREABLE
- Qualified Accountant (CA, ACCA or CIMA)
EXPERIENCE - ESSENTIAL
- Knowledge of financial controls, & reporting within a large group
- Leading a team
EXPERIENCE - DESIREABLE
- 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Oversight of a multi-branch team
SKILLS - ESSENTIAL
- English speaker (fluent)
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES - ESSENTIAL
- Self-starter, enthusiastic about the business who can support the commercial and operational leads within a prescribed control environment
OTHER REQUIREMENTS - ESSENTIAL
- Valid Passport
- Current valid driving licence
Competitive salary and benefits package based on skills and experience
About the Company
ALE is an engineering specialist. The core activity of the group involves engineering solutions for the horizontal and vertical movement of very large individual items.
Our expertise lies in all aspects of heavy lifting and transportation, including specialised cranes, transporters, hydraulic equipment, and barges. The unique nature of our work means that we rely on highly skilled operators and engineers to work on our projects in a safety critical environment.
ALE serve a wide variety of industry sectors worldwide, ranging from power generation to ports, from renewables to oil and gas, and from civil engineering to mining. We work both onshore and offshore, and in many other challenging environments from high altitude, to desert and even arctic conditions. Our customers include the top global Engineering Procurement and Contracting companies (EPCs), oil and gas companies, NOCs, major infrastructure specialists, governments, ports and other contractors.
Established in 1983, ALE employs 1,500 people in 38 businesses across the world. The company has grown tenfold in the last ten years, and is continuing to reach out to new locations and sectors.
Within southern Africa the main operation is in South Africa, based on the Western Cape at Firgrove near Somerset West, from which heavy transport and heavy lift services are provided to local and international companies within the energy sector in particular, including power generation and renewals but also to other infrastructure projects. The branch employs 200 people approximately.