Financial Accountant South Africa
The Financial Accountant is responsible for the full accounting function and related activities for South Africa and nearby countries and ensures that all reporting is in line with the timetable, group policy and local regulations.
With multiple experiences in financial accounting, the Financial Accountant has strong software knowledge and is detail orientated. The Financial Accountant will have good communication links with the Financial Controller and Accounts Assistants in order to ensure accurate and timely reporting.
The ideal candidate will also be up to date with current regulations affecting the industry and effects upon the company, is knowledgeable about company procedures and compliance issues.
- Preparation of monthly Management Accounts within group deadlines;
- Daily, weekly and monthly reports to holding company in UK;
- Managing cash and banking including local and foreign payments;
- Managing financial aspects of fixed assets;
- Management of debtors and creditors;
- Assisting auditors with interim and final audits;
- Compilation of financial statements in accordance with IFRS;
- Ensuring statutory compliance (PAYE, VAT, IT and WCA);
- Payroll preparation and assistance; and
- Other ad-hoc tasks and reporting associated with role.
The Ideal Candidate
- Knowledge of Payroll
- Excellent knowledge of Excel
- Newly qualified accountant (CA, ACCA or CIMA)
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to communicate well with all both verbally and in writing
- High degree of accuracy
- Self-starter, enthusiastic about the business who can support the commercial and operational leads within a prescribed control environment
- Valid driver's licence
About the Company
ALE is an engineering specialist. The core activity of the group involves engineering solutions for the horizontal and vertical movement of very large individual items.
Our expertise lies in all aspects of heavy lifting and transportation, including specialised cranes, transporters, hydraulic equipment, and barges. The unique nature of our work means that we rely on highly skilled operators and engineers to work on our projects in a safety critical environment.
ALE serve a wide variety of industry sectors worldwide, ranging from power generation to ports, from renewables to oil and gas, and from civil engineering to mining. We work both onshore and offshore, and in many other challenging environments from high altitude, to desert and even arctic conditions. Our customers include the top global Engineering Procurement and Contracting companies (EPCs), oil and gas companies, NOCs, major infrastructure specialists, governments, ports and other contractors.
Formed in 1983, ALE employs 1,500 people in 38 businesses across the world. The company has grown tenfold in the last ten years, and is continuing to reach out to new locations and sectors