Fleet & Maintenance Manager
As a Fleet and Maintenance Manager you will be responsible on the day to day operations of the Workshop/Yard department. Overlook on the maintenance and repair of all equipment and accessories in the workshop and on sites. You will be an integral member of the ALE team and will have a full and varied role. Ensure workshop operates efficiently and that all work areas are remain clean and hazard free and in line with Company's commitment to health and safety, quality and impact on the environment.
You will be committed to carrying out all of your duties in a safe, responsible and efficient manner. You will record all repairs and maintenance carried out on all equipment as per our procedures.
- Oversee routine periodical and ad hoc maintenance of local and regional equipment.
- Monitor and ensure fleet operation in compliance with the local UAE rules and regulations;
- Make sure all serviceable ALE equipment are always ready and available to meet operations requirement by scheduling and planning;
- Develop and implement operational standards to maintain vehicles and other specialized (rolling) equipment by advocating best practices in industry;
- Tracking of expenditures in repairs/maintenance, follow trends and implement new cost-effective solutions leading to reduction of overheads;
- Maintain electronic databases in IFS system of sales, registration, inspections and maintenance of fleet management;
- Driver management through IVMS, collect data and perform monthly driver evaluations reporting back to Operations and HSE Manager;
- Development of maintenance plans for existing and new ALE equipment coming into the region;
- Development of equipment checklists for serviceable equipment;
- Focal point with equipment manufacturer (Scheuerle, Goldhofer, etc) for the purchase of maintenance and spare parts;
- Keeping and monitoring a minimum stock of spare parts for all regional serviceable equipment and oversee the purchasing process;
- Ensure health, safety, quality and environment (HSQE) regulations and procedures are strictly followed in the workshop by all members of the team;
- Ensure workshop operates efficiently and that all work areas remain clean and hazard free.
The Ideal Candidate
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE - ESSENTIAL
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Mechanical/Electrical)
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE - DESIRABLE
- Comprehensive technical knowledge of ALE equipment; SPMT, Megajack, Goldhofer, Nicolas, Jack/Skid equipment, Lift and Lock system.
EXPERIENCE - ESSENTIAL
- Minimum 3 years' experience working as Fleet & Maintenance Manager
- Good knowledge and experience of Mechanical system
SKILLS - ESSENTIAL
- Excellent and effective communication and interpersonal skills;
- Good organizational skills;
- Ability to write reports;
- Ability to train and develop people
SKILLS - DESIRABLE
- Clear understanding of the relevant equipment and tolls and its use;
- Able to solve ad-hoc problems quickly with clear defined solutions;
- Logical and analytical thinking ability;
- Requires a strong problem-solving attitude
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES - ESSENTIAL
- High level of self motivation
- Able to work within and as part of a team
- Positive attitude and cheerful disposition
OTHER REQUIREMENTS - ESSENTIAL
- Willing to travel and work within and outside the UAE for extensive periods
- Current and valid passport, no restrictions
- Requires high flexibility - availability 24/7
OTHER REQUIREMENTS - DESIRABLE
- Current and valid driving license
Competitive package with tax free salary
About the Company
ALE is leading provider of heavy lifting and transportation solutions to a wide variety of industry sectors worldwide, ranging from power generation to ports, from renewables to oil and gas, and from civil engineering to mining. We work with clients both onshore and offshore, and in many other challenging environments from high altitude, to desert and even arctic conditions.
Our expertise lies in all aspects of heavy lifting and transportation, including specialised cranes, transporters, hydraulic equipment, and barges. The unique nature of our work means that we rely on highly skilled operators and engineers to work on our projects in a safety critical environment.