HSQE Engineer - Kuwait
This role involves working closely with the project management team, ALE employees across the project departments, your Regional HSQE Manager and other HSQE counterparts. Using your knowledge, experience, competence and skills and leading by example, you will generate and promote a positive health, safety, quality and environmental (HSQE) culture across the project and to help control and mitigate occupational HSQE risks.
Naturally you will take pride in ensuring that all legislation is adhered to and policies and practices are adopted, and will take an active role in planning, implementing, monitoring and reviewing the necessary protective and preventative measures. You will have a strong pro-active drive for working towards continual improvement and minimisation of HSQE incidents and nonconformities within the scope of project activities and will use your strong people skills to engage employees at all functions and levels of the business.
If you are looking for an exciting, varied HSQE role with plenty of new challenges and responsibility then this could be the position for you.
- Report to both the Project Manager and the Regional HSQE Manager.
- Internal audits against ISO9001, ISO14001, OHSAS 18001 and the projects Integrated Management System plus inspections and evaluations for compliance with any current and relevant legislation and any other requirements.
- Management of incident, near miss and observation reporting in ‘Synergi Life’ software, and development of corrective / preventive action plans, ensuring close out of actions.
- Frequent site inspections of operational work areas and the yard and workshop activities.
- Raising awareness of the effects of alcohol and drug use and the co-ordination of alcohol and drug testing.
- Practical advice on and preparation of risk assessments and method statements.
- Assist engineering and operations with development of new safe systems of work, safety apparatus and use of new technology.
- Assist procurement with assessment, evaluation and re-evaluation of the HSQE performance and suitability of approved key suppliers and sub-contractors
- Attendance, raising issues and taking minutes at various HSQE and Employee Consultation meetings.
- Drive preventative campaigns through the project and instil a culture of HSQE awareness.
- To assist the project management teams and support activities to achieve the project’s objectives as described in the company policies.
- Conduct a daily tour of the working areas and log details of any observations.
- Undertakes as a minimum a weekly safety inspection and prepares a report for submittal and review with the Project Manager.
- Ensure, where required, Projects have HSQE information available and conspicuously displayed.
- Ensure the HSQE files for the project and online reporting systems are completed, implemented and maintained.
- Advise and assist all ALE employees on the maintenance of a safe working environment and improving working conditions.
- Obligated to raise issues lacking traction on projects to the Project Manager for action and then to the HSQE Regional Manager if required.
- Advise supervisors/managers on the HSQE competencies required by the project personnel. Liaise with the ALE Regional Training Manager to facilitate HSQE training as required.
- Deliver the ALE Project HSQE Orientation Training for all workers including Subcontractors and Visitors prior to starting work or visiting the site.
- Assist Supervisors in delivering Pre-Task Briefings to the workforce on the control measures identified in risk assessments and the safe system of work to be adhered to.
- Conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times.
The Ideal Candidate
QUALIFICATIONS - ESSENTIAL
- Must have at least 3 year college degree in Engineering or degree in the Sciences - Physics, Chemistry of Maths.
- Must have qualification such as NEBOSH IGC or equivalent (IOSH, NVQ..)
QUALIFICATIONS - DESIRABLE
- Available copies of marking sheets of the degree.
- Recognised supervisory, management or higher education qualification.
- Training delivery qualification.
KNOWLEDGE - ESSENTIAL
- Heavy plan and equipment general operational safety requirements.
KNOWLEDGE - DESIRABLE
- Specific heavy lift and transport industry knowledge including large cranes, SPMTs, specialised lifting equipment and barges.
EXPERIENCE - ESSENTIAL
- Must have minimum of 5 years demonstrable work experience of oil fields / refineries / petrochem.
- Experience of dealing with all levels of management.
- Thorough understanding of ISO 9001:2015, ISO14001:2015 and OHSAS 18001:2007 / or ISO 45001:2015.
- HSQE experience at project/site level.
- Must have an approval letter that authorizes to work for KNOC / KNPC.
EXPERIENCE - DESIRABLE
- Previous experience within a similar company, engineering background advatageous.
- Proven administration experience within a project management and problem solving oriented business.
SKILLS & ABILITIES - ESSENTIAL
- Intermediate Excel / Word / Outlook / Powerpoint
- Good communicator - English both written and verbal.
SKILLS & ABILITIES - DESIRABLE
- Able to solve ad-hoc problems quickly with clearly defined solutions.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES - ESSENTIAL
- High level of self-motivation
- Able to work as part of a team
- Able to learn new techniques and procedures
- Quality and detail focus
- Proactive and organised
- Effective planner
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES - DESIRABLE
- Passionate about HSQE and engaging
OTHER REQUIREMENTS - ESSENTIAL
- Driving license
- Single Status
OTHER REQUIREMENTS - DESIRABLE
Competitive package with tax free salary
About the Company
ALE is a leading provider of heavy lifting and transportation solutions to a wide variety of industry sectors worldwide, ranging from power generation to ports, from renewables to oil and gas, and from civil engineering to mining. We work with clients both onshore and offshore, and in many other challenging environments from high altitude, to desert and even arctic conditions. Our expertise lies in all aspects of heavy lifting and transportation, including specialised cranes, transporters, hydraulic equipment, and barges. The unique nature of our work means that we rely on highly skilled operators and engineers to work on our projects in a safety critical environment.