ALE is seeking a HSQE Manager for our Jakarta office supporting all projects that are being run from there.
Reporting to the General Manager in Indonesia.
We are seeking an individual who will bring about a step change in the company’s approach, and raise the HSQE bar to a similarly innovative and pioneering level to that of our engineering and service delivery.
You will be working closely with the management team, employees across the business, and your global HSQE Manager and counterparts.
You will have suitable levels of qualification in Health, Safety, Environment and Quality and ideally you must have chartered membership of one or more suitable professional institutions relating to HSQE. Experience in lifting and specialised heavy transportation or a related discipline is preferred but not essential. Experience in civil engineering and construction would be an advantage.
This is a very rare, challenging and exciting opportunity for a skilled and experienced HSQE professional to use their leadership skills, technical knowledge and strategic thinking in support of this vision.
- Report to both the ALE Indonesia General Manager and the Global HSQE Manager and act as the management representative responsible for HSQE in their designated region and satellite offices.
- Internal audits against ISO9001, ISO14001, OHSAS 18001 and the organisation’s Integrated Management System plus inspections and evaluations for compliance with any current and relevant legislation and any other requirements.
- Keeping up to date with developments in legislation and advising the business as appropriate.
- Manage 3rd party ISO certification including attending audits, disseminating results, and ensuring corrective action plans are developed and carried out.
- Management of regional incident, near miss and observation reporting in ‘Synergi Life’ software, and development of corrective / preventive action plans, ensuring close out of actions. Notify authorities where required and compile incident and nonconformity statistics.
- Frequent site inspections of operational sites and the yard and workshop activities.
- Raising awareness of the effects of alcohol and drug use and the co-ordination of alcohol and drug testing.
- Process mapping using ‘Cofano Blue’ software and providing input for preparation and updating of HSQE management system policies, procedures, forms, templates and other documents.
- Development and delivery of specific HSQE training within the organisation, and assistance with identification of other training needs and sourcing of training.
- Practical advice on and preparation of risk assessments and method statements.
- Assist engineering and operations with development of new safe systems of work, safety apparatus and use of new technology.
- Office fire systems management.
- To liaise with clients and customers where necessary relating to HSQE issues, and promotion of customer focus, satisfaction surveys and HSQE awareness throughout the business.
- Assist procurement with assessment, evaluation and re-evaluation of the HSQE performance and suitability of approved key suppliers and sub-contractors
- Attendance, raising issues and taking minutes at Management Review and Employee Consultation meetings.
- Assist the sales team with review and completion of bid documents, pre-tender and qualification questionnaires.
- Improving environmental performance through utility usage tracking, carbon footprint calculations where required etc. Also to conduct ‘Duty of Care’ checks and ensure waste disposal contractors have appropriate licenses, and that season tickets, waste transfer notes and hazardous waste consignment notes are maintained.
- Analyse trends and other data in order to provide HSQE performance feedback to management and assist with setting of regional targets.
The Ideal Candidate
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE - ESSENTIAL
- NEBOSH International General Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health
- Bachelor degree in Safety, Environmental and Quality Management.
- Relevant qualification in Quality Management (minimum Lead Auditor, IRCA certified)
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE - DESIREABLE
- Certified HSE Professional (coordinator level) from MIGAS
- Lead auditor (preferably in quality management, IRCA certified)
- Training delivery qualification
EXPERIENCE - ESSENTIAL
- At least 10 years’ experience in Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental Management.
- Responsibility for a team of HSQE professionals
- Operating in a global role
EXPERIENCE - DESIREABLE
- 5 years’ experience in heavy lifting environment or at least a plant operating business.
- 5 years’ experience in a petrochemical environment
- Oversight of a global team
SKILLS - ESSENTIAL
- Intermediate Excel / Word / PowerPoint / Outlook
- Capable planner / time manager
- Experience of dealing with all level of management
SKILLS - DESIREABLE
- Clear understanding of relevant equipment and its use
- Membership of appropriate safety, environmental and quality institutions
- Advocate of a fully integrated, process driven approach
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES - ESSENTIAL
- High level of self-motivation and self-management
- Clear concise communicator – written and verbal
- Must be able to lead a team
- Able to learn new techniques and procedures
- Able to invent and propose new methods of work / modifications to existing systems.
- Able to solve ad-hoc problems quickly with clearly defined solutions
- Quality and detail focus
- Innovative and flexible thinker
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES - ESSENTIAL
- Able to adapt communication style to suit audience (site operator – client - managers and supervisors)
- Confident presenter, up to executive board level.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS - ESSENTIAL
- Willing to travel and work within and outside Jakarta office for periods more than a month
- Current valid driving license
- Current valid passport, no restrictions
About the Company
ALE is a leading provider of heavy lifting and transportation solutions to a wide variety of industry sectors worldwide, ranging from power generation to ports, from renewables to oil and gas, and from civil engineering to mining. We work with clients both onshore and offshore, and in many other challenging environments from high altitude, to desert and even arctic conditions. Our expertise lies in all aspects of heavy lifting and transportation, including specialised cranes, transporters, hydraulic equipment, and barges. The unique nature of our work means that we rely on highly skilled operators and engineers to work on our projects in a safety critical environment.