HSQE Supervisor - Kuwait
This role involves working closely with the management team, employees across the business, and your Regional HSQE Manager and counterparts. Using your knowledge and skills and leading by example, you will generate and promote a positive health, safety, quality and environmental (HSQE) culture across the business and to help control occupational HSQE risks.
Naturally you will take pride in ensuring that all legislation is adhered to and policies and practices are adopted, and will take an active role in planning, implementing, monitoring and reviewing the necessary protective and preventative measures. You will have a strong drive for working towards continual improvement and minimisation of HSQE incidents and nonconformities within the scope of company activities and will use your strong people skills to engage employees at all functions and levels of the business.
If you are looking for an exciting, varied HSQE role with plenty of new challenges and responsibility then this could be the position for you.
- Report to both the Management Representative and the Regional HSQE Manager and act as the management representative responsible for HSQE in their designated region.
- Internal audits against ISO9001, ISO14001, OHSAS 18001 and the organisation’s Integrated Management System plus inspections and evaluations for compliance with any current and relevant legislation and any other requirements.
- Management of incident, near miss and observation reporting in ‘Synergi Life’ software, and development of corrective / preventive action plans, ensuring close out of actions.
- Frequent site inspections of operational sites and the yard and workshop activities.
- Raising awareness of the effects of alcohol and drug use and the co-ordination of alcohol and drug testing.
- Guiding Management on Process mapping using ‘Cofano Blue’ software and providing input for preparation and updating of HSQE management system policies, procedures, forms, templates and other documents.
- Practical advice on and preparation of risk assessments and method statements.
- Assist engineering and operations with development of new safe systems of work, safety apparatus and use of new technology.
- Assist procurement with assessment, evaluation and re-evaluation of the HSQE performance and suitability of approved key suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Attendance, raising issues and taking minutes at Management Review and Employee Consultation meetings.
- Drive preventative campaigns through the organization and instil a culture of HSQE awareness.
- To assist the ALE Management Group and support activities to achieve the company’s objectives as described in the company policies.
- Conduct a daily tour of the working areas and log details of any observations.
- Undertakes as a minimum a weekly safety inspection and prepares a report for submittal and review with the Site / Project Manager.
- Ensure, where required, Projects have HSQE information available and conspicuously displayed.
- Ensure the HSQE files for projects and online reporting systems are completed, implemented and maintained.
- Advise and assist all ALE employees on the maintenance of a safe working environment and improving working conditions.
- Obligated to raise issues lacking traction on projects to the Project Manager for action and then to the HSQE Regional Manager if required.
- Advise supervisors/managers on the HSQE competencies required by the project / site personnel. Liaise with the ALE Regional Training Manager to facilitate HSQE training as required.
- Deliver the ALE Site Safety Orientation Training for all workers including Subcontractors and Visitors prior to starting work or visiting the site.
- Assist Supervisors in delivering Pre-Task Briefings to the workforce on the control measures identified in risk assessments and the safe system of work to be adhered to
- Conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times.
The Ideal Candidate
QUALIFICATIONS - ESSENTIAL
- Must have at least 3 year college degree in Engineering or degree in the Sciences – Physics, Chemistry or Maths;
- Must have qualification such as NEBOSH or equivalent
QUALIFICATIONS - DESIRABLE
- Must have copies of marking sheets of the degree
- Recognised supervisory, management or higher education qualification
- Training delivery qualification
KNOWLEDGE - ESSENTIAL
- Heavy plant and equipment general operational safety requirements
KNOWLEDGE - DESIRABLE
- Specific heavy lift and transport industry knowledge including large cranes, SPMTs, specialised lifting equipment and barges
EXPERIENCE - ESSENTIAL
- Must have minimum of 5 years demonstrable work experience of oil fields / refineries / petrochem.
- Experience of dealing with all levels of management
- Thorough understanding of ISO 9001:2008, ISO14001:2004 and OHSAS 18001:2007
- HSQE experience at project/site level
- Must have an approval letter that authorizes to work for KNOC / KNPC
EXPERIENCE - DESIRABLE
- Previous experience within a similar company, engineering background advantageous
- Proven administration experience within a project management and problem solving oriented business
SKILLS & ABILITIES - ESSENTIAL
- Intermediate Excel / Word / Outlook
SKILLS & ABILITIES - DESIRABLE
- Able to solve ad-hoc problems quickly with clearly defined solutions
- Good communicator – English both written and verbal
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES - ESSENTIAL
- High level of self-motivation
- Able to work as part of a team
- Able to learn new techniques and procedures
- Quality and detail focus
- Proactive and organised
- Effective planner
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES - DESIRABLE
- Passionate about HSQE and engaging
- Driving License
- Single Status
Competitive package with tax free salary
About the Company
ALE is a leading provider of heavy lifting and transportation solutions to a wide variety of industry sectors worldwide, ranging from power generation to ports, from renewables to oil and gas, and from civil engineering to mining. We work with clients both onshore and offshore, and in many other challenging environments from high altitude, to desert and even arctic conditions. Our expertise lies in all aspects of heavy lifting and transportation, including specialised cranes, transporters, hydraulic equipment, and barges. The unique nature of our work means that we rely on highly skilled operators and engineers to work on our projects in a safety critical environment.