Health, Safety, Quality & Environment (HSQE) Manager
ALE Heavylift (Australia) Pty Ltd are seeking a HSQE Manager based in Brisbane. The role requires regular travel to project sites.
As the HSQE Manager for ALE Australia you will be a first-class communicator with the ability to adapt your approach to meet the needs of a culturally diverse business. Computer literate and a strong team player, you will be proactive and pragmatic and able to drive the safety culture and philosophy within the group. Working with an existing multi-site, Integrated Management System that is externally certified to ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and OHSAS 18001:2007, you will be a responsible decision maker and show drive, determination and resilience.
You will have suitable levels of qualification in Health, Safety, Environment and Quality and ideally you have membership of one or more suitable professional institutions relating to HSQE. Experience in lifting and Renewable Wind Energy discipline is preferred. Experience in civil engineering and construction would also be an advantage.
This is a challenging and exciting opportunity for a skilled and experienced HSQE professional to use their technical knowledge and strategic thinking in a practical way.
In conjunction with ALE’s Global HSQE vision and direction, communicate the clear vision for HSQE within Australia and on each project. You will engage stakeholders at all levels to participate positively in achieving this vision.
- Lead the establishment and implementation of project policies, systems, objectives and procedures, conferring with the ALE HSQE team and other staff members as necessary.
- Develop HSQE documentation as required.
- Management point of contact within the division and each project for first line advice, innovation and guidance.
- Audit project locations to ensure compliance to legal, internal, client and any other applicable requirements.
- Work with indirect team members from a globally spread, multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team to strategically plan, implement, monitor and review all HSQE aspects for our project offices and projects.
- Ensure that relevant and timely HSQE Management Information is available for everyone in the division and in each project, that meets the needs of the project management team and site based teams. Review activity reports, statistical information, and other performance data to measure efficiency and identify improvement opportunities.
- Assist projects and work sites where necessary to ensure that they operate efficiently, effectively and in compliance with the overall HSQE work plan.
- Accountability for identifying and sharing lessons learned from incidents. Evaluating the effectiveness of actions taken as a result.
The Ideal Candidate
- Minimum Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety (or equivalent) - Degree level education desirable.
- Relevant qualification in Quality Management (minimum Lead Internal Auditor)
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint skills
- Minimum 5 years experience in HSQE Management role
- Relevant or transferable experience in heavy lifting, transport and renewable wind sector
- Fluent English, written and spoken
- Able to solve ad-hoc problems quickly with clearly defined solutions
- Proactive and able to influence
- Confidant presenter, up to project management and client level
- Able to travel with short notice and spend periods of time away from home.
- Australian citizen or permanent resident
About the Company
ALE is a leading provider of heavy lifting and transportation solutions to a wide variety of industry sectors worldwide, ranging from power generation to ports, from renewables to oil and gas, and from civil engineering to mining. We work with clients both onshore and offshore, and in many other challenging environments from high altitude, to desert and even arctic conditions. Our expertise lies in all aspects of heavy lifting and transportation, including specialised cranes, transporters, hydraulic equipment, and barges. The unique nature of our work means that we rely on highly skilled operators and engineers to work on our projects in a safety critical environment.