Junior Project Engineer
Do you want to work in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment? Do you enjoy working as part of a close-knit, highly skilled team? Are you looking to take the next step in your career? If so, this could be the role for you!
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and motivated candidate to work as a Junior Project Engineer based in our Melbourne offices. The role would suit a graduate or someone starting out in their career. It will involve some travel to project site locations.
- Producing technical studies for lifting, transportation and installation activities
- Providing technical support to project managers, as well as to site managers and supervisors.
- To attend technical project meetings
- To attend site meetings and site operations for engineering support as required
- Production of project specific method statements
The Ideal Candidate
- High level of self-motivation, organisation and self-management
- Clear concise communicator – written and verbal
- Must be able to work as part of a team but also act independently when required
- Able to learn new techniques and procedures
- Able to propose new methods of work / modifications to existing systems.
- Able to solve ad-hoc problems quickly with clearly defined solutions
- Willing to travel and work in various locations for short periods as required by the project
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE - ESSENTIAL
- Bachelors' degree in Mechanical or Civil Engineering
- Capable user of Autocad
- Excellent oral and written English skills
- Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word and Excel are required
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE - DESIREABLE
- Experience within the heavy lift and transport industry
- Experience working within an engineering department
- On-site experience
About the Company
ALE is a leading provider of heavy lifting and transportation solutions to a wide variety of industry sectors worldwide, ranging from power generation to ports, from renewables to oil and gas, and from civil engineering to mining. We work with clients both onshore and offshore, and in many other challenging environments from high altitude, to desert and even arctic conditions. Our expertise lies in all aspects of heavy lifting and transportation, including specialised cranes, transporters, hydraulic equipment, and barges. The unique nature of our work means that we rely on highly skilled operators and engineers to work on our projects in a safety critical environment.