As an ALE mechanic, you will be responsible for repair and maintenance to a diverse range of ALE machinery and equipment, ranging from cranes to specialised heavy duty transporters, both on the yard and at various sites. As an integral member of the ALE team, you will be part of a small crew of maintenance personnel managing scheduled maintenance activities and handling unplanned repairs, creating a full and varied role.
No two jobs are the same, and project sites will be at a number of destinations. If you’re looking for a role that provides constant challenge and variety, then look no further.
- Repair and planned maintenance of all ALE plant, equipment and machinery, specialising in hydraulics and diesel engines
- Drive, load / offload, mobilise and operate specialised trailers for maintenance purposes.
- Diagnostics and fault finding
- Guide / train other team members where necessary, including participation in company training schemes such as SSOT.
- Liaise with the operations manager and / or line manager
- Verify that daily equipment checks are completed and recorded in accordance with company procedures
The Ideal Candidate
- Vocational mechanical/technical qualification or qualified by experience
- Supervisory qualification
- Hydraulic systems
- SPMTs, Conventional trailers, cranes, hydraulic jacking systems etc
- At least 2 years’ maintenance experience in heavy lifting and heavy transport industry working in a partially unsupervised capacity
- Experience in hydraulic maintenance and hydraulic system operation
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Able to solve ad-hoc problems quickly with clearly defined solutions
- Good communicator – written and verbal
- Clear understanding of the relevant equipment and its use
- Able to plan and organise efficiently and under pressure
- High level of self-motivation
- Able to lead and work as part of a team
- Clear concise communicator – written and verbal
- Able to learn new techniques and procedures
- Driving licence
- Willing to travel and work within and outside the country when required
Dependent upon experience
About the Company
ALE is a leading provider of heavy lifting and transportation solutions to a wide variety of industry sectors worldwide, ranging from power generation to ports, from renewables to oil and gas, and from civil engineering to mining. We work with clients both onshore and offshore, and in many other challenging environments from high altitude, to desert and even arctic conditions. Our expertise lies in all aspects of heavy lifting and transportation, including specialised cranes, transporters, hydraulic equipment, and barges. The unique nature of our work means that we rely on highly skilled operators and engineers to work on our projects in a safety critical environment.