ALE is currently looking for a Supervisor with experience across the whole range of heavy lifting and transport operations and equipment including gantries, strand jacks, and jacking and skidding. As a supervisor you will be responsible for leading the team and managing operational projects on various sites. You will be an integral member of the ALE team and will have a full and varied role.
The Ideal Candidate
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE ESSENTIAL
• Supervisory qualification
• Licenses for plant and equipment
• Clear understanding of the relevant equipment and its use
• Experience with ERP system
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE - DESIREABLE
- Knowledge of the heavylift / transport sector
- Oral and written English (basic)
EXPERIENCE - DESIREABLE
- Relevant experience in a similar position
- Experience with electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a similar role
- Relevant experience in the petrochemical, construction or similar industry for a minimum of two year
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Good working knowledge of English
- Ability to communicate with all levels of staff
- Must be able to work as and head up a team
- Must possess the ability to learn new techniques and procedures
- The ability to invent and put forward new methods of work and or modification to existing systems
- Able to solve ad-hoc problems quickly with clearly defined solutions
- Fluent in English oral and written
- Fluent in Indonesia oral and written
- Able to lead a team
- Clear concise communicator - written and verbal
- Able to adapt communication style
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES - ESSENTIAL
- High level of self-motivation
- Adaptable and used to taking the lead
- Organized and logical
- Proactive and willing to learn
OTHER REQUIREMENTS – ESSENTIAL
- Willingness to travel
- Current and valid driving license
- Current and valid passport
Competitive package based on skills and experience.
About the Company
ALE is an engineering specialist. The core activity of the group involves engineering solutions for the horizontal and vertical movement of very large individual items.
Our expertise lies in all aspects of heavy lifting and transportation, including specialised cranes, transporters, hydraulic equipment, and barges. The unique nature of our work means that we rely on highly skilled operators and engineers to work on our projects in a safety critical environment.
ALE serve a wide variety of industry sectors worldwide, ranging from power generation to ports, from renewables to oil and gas, and from civil engineering to mining. We work both onshore and offshore, and in many other challenging environments from high altitude, to desert and even arctic conditions. Our customers include the top global Engineering Procurement and Contracting companies (EPCs), oil and gas companies, NOCs, major infrastructure specialists, governments, ports and other contractors.
Formed in 1983, ALE employs 2,000 people in 38 businesses across the world. The company has grown tenfold in the last ten years, and is continuing to reach out to new locations and sectors.