Opportunity to join a successful global engineering specialist based in Hixon, near Stafford. Working within the Finance team you will provide payroll admin assistance to the Payroll Officer and wider finance team.
Your day to day role will give you the freedom to manage your workload across the responsibilities listed below. Support will be immediately at hand should you need it. We will provide full training and agree a development plan with you.
- Payroll administration duties from start to end of process
- Use of SAGE 50 payroll
- Processing/calculating weekly/monthly timesheets
- Recording of employees overseas working
- Inputting of payroll data on to spreadsheets
- Pensions administration
- Some manual payroll calculation (Gross/Net)
- Processing timesheets into accounts programme
- Processing employee expenses
- Support with reporting requirements (internal and external)
- Dealing with queries
- Working in a confidential environment and used to data protection legislation
- Other general administrative duties reasonably associated with the role
The Ideal Candidate
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE
- Microsoft packages knowledge, in particular Excel, Word and Outlook
- SAGE 50 experience
- Understanding payroll legislation
- Payroll qualification
- Business, finance or administration qualification at further education level
• Previous experience of working in a similar role
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook skills
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Organisational skills
- You must be able to work on your own initiative and able to prioritise your work load
- Processing end to end payroll
- Team worker
- Flexible and proactive
- Able to stay calm under pressure
About the Company
ALE is an engineering specialist. The core activity of the group involves engineering solutions for the horizontal and vertical movement of very large individual items.
Our expertise lies in all aspects of heavy lifting and transportation, including specialised cranes, transporters, hydraulic equipment, and barges. The unique nature of our work means that we rely on highly skilled operators and engineers to work on our projects in a safety critical environment.
ALE serve a wide variety of industry sectors worldwide, ranging from power generation to ports, from renewables to oil and gas, and from civil engineering to mining. We work both onshore and offshore, and in many other challenging environments from high altitude, to desert and even arctic conditions. Our customers include the top global Engineering Procurement and Contracting companies (EPCs), oil and gas companies, NOCs, major infrastructure specialists, governments, ports and other contractors.
Formed in 1983, ALE employs 1,500 people in 38 businesses across the world. The company has grown tenfold in the last ten years, and is continuing to reach out to new locations and sectors.