The company is actively seeking a Purchase Administrator to join our team in Staffordshire, UK with at least 1 years experience in either construction and/or heavylifting industry. The successful candidate for this role, will have good procurement knowledge and be able to work alone, confidently and easily under pressure. You should be able to influence and guide the management team in producing timely and accurate purchase requests.
• Purchases and/or hires material, equipment and services
• Evaluates supplier capabilities and processes
• Raises purchase requisitions and supports supplier activities
• Assist with selection, qualification, and monitoring of suppliers and processes
• Performs supplier audits and surveys for sourcing selection
• Utilises and develops purchasing processes and procedures
• Reports to the Financial Controller
The Ideal Candidate
QUALIFICATIONS/KNOWLEDGE - ESSENTIAL
• Experience in purchasing and associated administration
• At least 2 years experience in a similar job.
• Excellent communication skills, fluent in English.
• Experience with ERP Systems
• Good active knowledge of IT applications such as Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access)
QUALIFICATIONS/KNOWLEDGE - DESIREABLE
• Knowledge of the heavylift / transport sector
• Experience in construction industry
EXPERIENCE - DESIREABLE
Relevant experience in a similar position
Experience with IFS
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES - ESSENTIAL
• Efficient and committed
• Extremely cost aware
OTHER REQUIREMENTS - ESSENTIAL
• Current and valid driving license
• Full eligability to work in the UK
About the Company
ALE is a leading provider of heavy lifting and transportation solutions to a wide variety of industry sectors worldwide, ranging from power generation to ports, from renewables to oil and gas, and from civil engineering to mining. We work with clients both onshore and offshore, and in many other challenging environments from high altitude, to desert and even arctic conditions. Our expertise lies in all aspects of heavy lifting and transportation, including specialised cranes, transporters, hydraulic equipment, and barges. The unique nature of our work means that we rely on highly skilled operators and engineers to work on our projects in a safety critical environment.