As Project Coordinator, you will assist in the day to day cost control tasks for projects within the Middle East Region. You will also interact with other departments and will become a key member of ALE in the Middle East.
- Act as the point of contact and communicate project status adequately to all participants.
- Liaise with clients to identify and define project requirements, scope and objectives.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, plans and reports.
- Enhances department and organisation reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Meet cost standards by monitoring expenses versus budget; implementing cost-saving actions.
- Documenting and following up on important actions and decisions from meetings.
- Assess project risks and issues and provide solutions where applicable.
- Ensuring projects adhere to frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately for each project.
The Ideal Candidate
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE - ESSENTIAL
- Engineering Degree, preferably Mechanical / Civil
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE - DESIRABLE
- Any certification in AutoCad & Microsoft Project is considered as an asset
EXPERIENCE - ESSENTIAL
- Minimum 2 years' experience in project coordination
- Able to demonstrate successful project coordination through accomplishments - KPI's
EXPERIENCE - DESIRABLE
- Any experience in a similar field / discipline is a plus.
SKILLS - ESSENTIAL
- Proficiency in Excel / Word / Outlook.
- Perfect English both written and oral.
- Must have and show leadership skills.
SKILLS - DESIRABLE
- Experience with an ERP software is considered an asset.
- Arab and / or Spanish speaking is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of contract management - contract awareness.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES - ESSENTIAL
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and meticulous.
- Good technical writing ability and skills.
- Good communication skills, proactive, good initiative and ability to work under pressure.
- Independent worker being able to work with minimal supervision.
- High level of self-motivation.
- Able to learn new techniques and procedures.
- Quality and detail focus.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES - DESIRABLE
- Effective Planner
- Current and valid (international) driving license.
Competitive package with tax free salary
About the Company
ALE is a leading provider of heavy lifting and transportation solutions to a wide variety of industry sectors worldwide, ranging from power generation to ports, from renewables to oil and gas, and from civil engineering to mining. We work with clients both onshore and offshore, and in many other challenging environments from high altitude, to desert and even arctic conditions. Our expertise lies in all aspects of heavy lifting and transportation, including specialised cranes, transporters, hydraulic equipment and barges. The unique nature of our work means that we rely on high skilled operators and engineers to work on our projects in a safety critical environment.