Project Cost Controller
ALE is seeking a Project Cost Controller for our Jakarta office supporting all projects that are being run from there. This is an exciting project role that is best suited to an experienced cost controller with a finance or engineering background. As an ALE Cost Controller, you will be responsible for the monitoring, control, and reporting of project expenditure. The role is integral to the successful delivery of the project and will see you closely interact with the various departments to obtain information including the project managers, operations, commercial and finance. Core tasks will be to prepare project budgets, data analysis and creating forecasts. The project managers will have ultimate responsibility for the budget will rely to a large extend on you to provide accurate and detailed input. The role will see you become a key member of the projects team with the potential to develop into other areas of the business in the future.
- Deliver consistent but appropriate cost management structures for medium-size, stand-alone projects.
- Prepare detailed execution budgets with Project Managers including Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and Cost Breakdown Structure (CBS) for sign off by Project Manager and General Manager.
- Ensure project budget key points are understood by all stakeholders.
- Perform commercial review of subcontractor/supplier quotations for the preparation of suitable and sufficient Service Agreements.
- Raise awareness of the importance of developing the cost management structure in early project phases within the business unit.
- Prepare invoice plans in the company Enterprise Resources Planning (ERP) system.
- Preparation of sales invoice requests to accounting & finance manager with supporting documentation, including tracking of rechargeable costs.
- Perform detailed analysis of milestone progress, invoicing, earned value, actual costs, committed costs, and planned costs. This includes review and checking/approval of manhours, work schedule, equipment utilization, and supplier time sheets, invoices, and claims to ensure all expenditures are captured and properly recorded.
- Analyse trends and the highlight potential impacts of changes on cost.
- Generate accurate monthly cost reports, highlighting variances from the plan on commitment, value of work done, management of changes and currency fluctuations against approved budget.
- Discuss progress in monthly project review with project manager, accounting & finance manager, regional financial controller, and general manager, to determine sales and purchase accruals.
- Coordinate and work with the project management team to resolve project issues to ensure the delivery/completion of the project work.
- Lead financial close-out after project completion.
- Contribution and general development of the company cost reporting procedures and templates to ensure all key information is captured.
- To work effectively and efficiently with minimum supervision using strong analytical and problem-solving skills
The Ideal Candidate
About the Company
ALE is a leading provider of heavy lifting and transportation solutions to a wide variety of industry sectors worldwide, ranging from power generation to ports, from renewables to oil and gas, and from civil engineering to mining. We work with clients both onshore and offshore, and in many other challenging environments from high altitude, to desert and even arctic conditions. Our expertise lies in all aspects of heavy lifting and transportation, including specialised cranes, transporters, hydraulic equipment, and barges. The unique nature of our work means that we rely on highly skilled operators and engineers to work on our projects in a safety critical environment.