Project Engineer - Kuwait
Our engineering teams are at the heart of our business, and are critical to our continued success. As a Project Engineer within ALE, you will be involved in the design of innovative, high quality, cost effective and safe solutions for our clients, then ensuring that these solutions are delivered on time and on budget to the client’s satisfaction whilst meeting our stringent commitments to health and safety, quality and impact on the environment. No two projects are the same, and project sites will be at many locations within the Middle East. If you’re looking for a role that provides constant challenge and variety, then look no further.
- Engineering solutions of clients’ heavy transport and installation requirements both on site and in the Engineering office.
- Attend kick off meetings with Commercial and Operations teams to establish the clients’ exact requirements and agree deadlines for submission of documentation.
- Production and handover to Commercial and Operations teams of Risk Assessments and Method Statements (RAMS), equipment lists, engineering drawings, design calculations, rigging studies, equipment requirements for both proposals and the execution of works whilst ensuring the documents comply with company procedures, legislative guidance and good practice.
- Attend site visits to measure and record specific information, including routing, and to ensure that this information is incorporated into the RAMS.
- Co-ordinate with the internal departments to ensure activities are compliant within ALE’s agreed scope and programme, with timely and suitable communication of any required changes.
- Attend site for the execution of the project and assist the site supervisor in the completion of the project by being the main point of contact with the client on site with regards to coordination, project programme, engineering and HSQE issues.
- Liaise with Project Manager and Operations Manager regarding site progress.
- Provide technical support to the ALE site supervisor and respond to issues on site in a professional and timely manner
The Ideal Candidate
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE - ESSENTIAL
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Civil and Structural)
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE - DESIRABLE
- IOSH Managing Safely
- Risk Assessment Training
EXPERIENCE - ESSENTIAL
- Relevant experience in heavy lift sector for a minimum of two years.
- Use of AutoCAD or similar drafting software
- Travel with extended periods abroad
SKILLS - ESSENTIAL
- Preparation of transportation drawings and calculations
- Preparation of calculations to relevant international codes
- Design and Engineering drawings using AutoCAD
- Preparation of calculations using MS Excel
SKILLS - DESIRABLE
- Experience with marine and load out / load in operations (e.g sea fastening, weighing, mooring calculations, ballast calculations)
- Experience with lifting operations (cranes, gantries, hydraulic lifting systems)
- Equipment installation (jacking, skidding)
- Advanced Excel (VBA)
- Finite element analysis
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES - ESSENTIAL
- High level of self-motivation
- Good English communicator - written and oral
- Able to work as part of a team
- Able to learn new techniques and procedures
- Able to invent and propose new methods of work/modification to existing systems
- Able to solve ad-hoc problems quickly with clearly defined solutions
- Quality and detail focus
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES - DESIRABLE
- Able to lead a team
- Clear concise communicator - written and verbal
OTHER REQUIREMENTS - ESSENTIAL
- Willing to travel and work within and outside the UAE for extensive periods
- Current and valid passport, no restrictions
OTHER REQUIREMENTS - DESIRABLE
- Willing to relocate internationally
- Current and valid driving license, able to obtain UAE driving license
Competitive package with tax free salary
About the Company
ALE is a leading provider of heavy lifting and transportation solutions to a wide variety of industry sectors worldwide, ranging from power generation to ports, from renewables to oil and gas, and from civil engineering to mining. We work with clients both onshore and offshore, and in many other challenging environments from high altitude, to desert and even arctic conditions. Our expertise lies in all aspects of heavy lifting and transportation, including specialised cranes, transporters, hydraulic equipment, and barges. The unique nature of our work means that we rely on highly skilled operators and engineers to work on our projects in a safety critical environment.