Project Engineer - South Africa
Our engineers are at the heart of our business and are critical to our continued success.
As an Engineer in Mammoet SA you will be tasked to create engineering work that is innovative, high quality, accurate, clear, thorough, cost effective and safe for our stakeholders. We undertake to deliver these solutions timeously & to the stakeholder’s satisfaction, ensuring effective operational implementation. Whilst meeting our stringent commitments to health and safety, quality and impact on the environment.
If you’re looking for a role that provides constant challenge and variety, then look no further.
Engineering solutions for clients’ / stakeholder’s heavy transport and installation needs, both on site and in the office.
- Attend kick off meetings with Commercial and Operational teams to establish the client’s / stakeholder’s exact requirements.
- Ensure the engineering documents comply with company procedures, legislative guidance and good practice.
- Attend site visits to measure and record specific information, including the route details, and to ensure that this information is incorporated into the RAMS.
- Co-ordinate with the internal departments to ensure activities are compliant with Mammoet’s agreed scope
- Provide technical support to the Mammoet site supervisor and respond to issues on site in a professional and timely manner.
Audit site RAMS for compliance by the operational team and provide feedback to Engineering & Operations Department.
- Create & Review Engineering Drawings and Calculations
- Create & Review Risk Assessments
- Create & Review Method Statements
- Create & Review Equipment / Personnel lists
- Create & Review Project files
- Create & Review Route Surveys
- Report writing
Complete daily admin tasks accurately:
- (DWTS) Daily Work Tracking Sheets
- Engineering Document Register
- Master Document Register
- Conduct HSQE audits
- Capture HSQE observations
The Ideal Candidate
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE - ESSENTIAL
Legal Liability Training
Risk Assessment Training
First Aid Training
Fire Fighting Training
Route Cause Analysis Technique
About the Company
Mammoet is a leading provider of heavy lifting and transportation solutions to a wide variety of industry sectors worldwide, ranging from power generation to ports, from renewables to oil and gas, and from civil engineering to mining. We work with clients both onshore and offshore, and in many other challenging environments from high altitude, to desert and even arctic conditions. Our expertise lies in all aspects of heavy lifting and transportation, including specialised cranes, transporters, hydraulic equipment, and barges. The unique nature of our work means that we rely on highly skilled operators and engineers to work on our projects in a safety critical environment.