ALE Heavylift (Australia) Pty Ltd are seeking Project Engineers who will be based in Brisbane, Melbourne & Adelaide.
Our Engineering Teams are at the heart of our business and are critical to our continued success. The role of Project Engineer is controlling and executing the engineering activities of a project and performing design drawings and structural calculations according to the project requirements. It also includes into undertaking site visits, client liaison and site based engineering.
- Producing technical studies for lifting, transportation and installation activities
- Providing technical support to project managers, as well as to site managers and supervisors.
- Ensure that the engineering is feasible and carried out in an economic way
- Ensure that the operational work can be performed in a safe manner
- Informing the operational team regarding specific project designs
- To attend technical project meetings
- To attend site meetings and site operations for engineering support as required
- Production of project specific method statements
- To support the sales department during the tendering phase on all engineering related issues
- Report on a regular basis to the Engineering Manager and Project Manager regarding project related issues
The Ideal Candidate
- High level of self-motivation, organisation and self-management
- Clear concise communicator – written and verbal – adapting style to suit audience (site operator-client-managers)
- Must be able to work as part of a team but also act independently when required
- Able to learn new techniques and procedures
- Able to propose new methods of work / modifications to existing systems.
- Able to solve ad-hoc problems quickly with clearly defined solutions
- Able to influence others
- Confident presenter, to front line personnel.
- Willing to travel and work in various locations for short periods as required by the project
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE - ESSENTIAL
- Bachelors' degree in Mechanical or Civil Engineering
- Capable user of Autocad
- Excellent oral and written English skills
- Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word and Excel are required
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE - DESIREABLE
- Relevant experience within the heavylift and transport industry
- Working within an engineering department (3+ years post graduate)
- On-site experience
About the Company
ALE is a leading provider of heavy lifting and transportation solutions to a wide variety of industry sectors worldwide, ranging from power generation to ports, from renewables to oil and gas, and from civil engineering to mining. We work with clients both onshore and offshore, and in many other challenging environments from high altitude, to desert and even arctic conditions. Our expertise lies in all aspects of heavy lifting and transportation, including specialised cranes, transporters, hydraulic equipment, and barges. The unique nature of our work means that we rely on highly skilled operators and engineers to work on our projects in a safety critical environment.