As an ALE Projects Manager you will be responsible for the planning and management of projects in line with customer requirements and ALE company goals, policies and procedures whilst striving to deliver excellent customer service. Your people skills will be second to none as you will be communicating with all levels of staff and the client, you will also need to attend and manage both internal and external meetings. Your role will be key in promoting ALE's image of providing a professional and safety conscious working environment. You will be required to work with ALE Operations and administration teams and be prepared to spend time at the various project sites.
- Planning and control of project management and performance of all project related activities following contract award through to completion and close out.
- Ensuring projects are successfully delivered in terms of managing budget, contract adherence, programs, documentation and health, safety, environmental and quality requirements.
- Managing internal Project Kick off Meetings to communicate and co-ordinate key project information to the engineering and operational departments.
- Managing project costs while striving to maintain maximum profit margin. Delivering profitability through effective cost control of project budgets.
- Adhering to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensure that they are communicated and implemented.
- Planning, implementing and tracking each projects activities in order to meet the contract commitments and objectives.
- Attending customer meetings to review matters associated with the delivery of a project. These may include (although not limited to) technical, commercial, programming and HSQE matters.
- Ensuring that all project programs are suitably defined and input to online project global management system and communicated timely to project participants.
- Ensuring that all project HSQE documentation is completed on-time and of sufficient quality to project requirements and specifications.
- Ensuring all project activities meet with agreed standards for quality management, health and safety, environmental policies and local laws to which the business finds itself operating under.
- Coordinating with the internal departments to ensure our activities are compliant with our agreed scope/contract and communication of change is made in a timely and suitable manner.
- Co-operating with the Sales Manager to identify areas of additional revenue within a project and new sales opportunities.
- Maintaining and developing current and new client relationships to deliver high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrating ability to interact and co-operate with all company employees and contractors
- Reporting key project statistics on a regular basis (as agreed for every project). The objective is to highlight key issues and possible opportunities/risks for the business.
- Ensuring invoicing is completed in time and according to client requirements, through coordination with Finance department.
- Building strong relationships with and within whole project team, internal and external clients.
- Focus on quality control and assurance to ensure that the interests of the business is protected and cargo is delivered as it was received.
Health and safety:
- Exceeding HSQE targets
- Setting example
- Responsible that the workforce comply with all HSQE Policies and Company Regulations and to maintain a high standard regarding Safety
- Pro-active in identifying problems and taking preventative action with relevant HOD’s
- Overseeing the HSQE documentation system on site
- Communicating standards and procedures
- Correcting behavior
- Feedback to site/line management
- On job training
- Incident management and investigation
The Ideal Candidate
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE - ESSENTIAL
- Microsoft Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point and MS Outlook) advanced user;
- MS Project or similar Project Planning software advanced user
- Engineering degree (preferred) or similar
- Experience in structured project management environments
- Excellent communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Self-sufficient and Independent
- Willingness to adapt and persevere
- Advanced Planning, time management and Organizing skills
- Able to perform well working under pressure
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE – DESIRABLE
- Project Management qualification
- ERP systems experience
- Min 5 years’ experience in Heavy Transport/Logistics and/or Crane Lifting/Specialist Lifting industry
- Min 5 years’ experience in Construction/Engineering Sector
About the Company
ALE is a leading provider of heavy lifting and transportation solutions to a wide variety of industry sectors worldwide, ranging from power generation to ports, from renewables to oil and gas, and from civil engineering to mining. We work with clients both onshore and offshore, and in many other challenging environments from high altitude, to desert and even arctic conditions. Our expertise lies in all aspects of heavy lifting and transportation, including specialised cranes, transporters, hydraulic equipment, and barges. The unique nature of our work means that we rely on highly skilled operators and engineers to work on our projects in a safety critical environment.