As an ALE Project manager, you will be responsible for the planning and management of projects in lines with customer requirements and ALE company policies, procedures and business ethics codes whiles striving to deliver excellent customer service. Your people skills will be second to none as you will be communicating with levels of staff and the client, you will also need to attend and manage both internal and external meetings. Your role will be key in promoting ALE's image of providing a professional and safety conscious working environment. No two projects are the same, and project sites will be at a number of destinations both within and outside of the UAE. If you're looking for a role that provides constant challenge and variety, then look no further.
- Plan, coordinate and implement the project management activities on a project in order to meet the contract commitments and objectives.
- Attend customer meetings to review issues associated with the delivery of a project. These may include (although not limited to) technical, commercial, programming and HSQE issues.
- To ensure that all project programmes are inputted to online project global management system and communicated on-time and of sufficient quality.
- To ensure that all project HSQE documentation is completed on-time and of sufficient quality to project requirements.
- To ensure that all routing surveys and permitting requirements are completed on-time and are of sufficient quality to project requirements.
- To control project budgets to deliver profitability.
- To ensure all activities meet with the standards for quality management, health and safety, environmental policies and local laws to which the business find itself operating under.
- Co-ordinate with the internal departments to ensure our activities are compliant with our agreed scope/contract and communication of change is made in a timely and suitable manner.
- Co-operate with the Sales Manager to identify areas of additional revenue within a project and new sales opportunities.
- Maintain historical and develop new client relationships to deliver high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrate ability to interact and co-operate with all company employees and contractors.
The Ideal Candidate
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE - ESSENTIAL
- Engineering Degree, preferably in Mechanical / Civil
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE - DESIRABLE
- IOSH Working Safely
- Risk Assessment Training
- Project Management certification
EXPERIENCE - ESSENTIAL
- At least 3 years' experience in transport, shipping or lifting markets with evidence of delivering targets and achieving objectives.
EXPERIENCE - DESIRABLE
- Proven experience of acting as Project Manager with direct customer interface.
- Proven experience of developing sales opportunities with existing customers
SKILLS - ESSENTIAL
- Project Management
- Excellent English both verbal and written
- Contract awareness and management
SKILLS - DESIRABLE
- Intermediate Excel / Word / PowerPoint / Outlook
- Some knowledge of planning software and knowledge of an ERP system.
- Clear understanding of the relevant equipment and its use.
- Arab and/or Spanish speaking and writing is highly desirable.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES - ESSENTIAL
- High level of self-motivation and self-management
- Good communicator - written and verbal
- Must be able to work as part of a team
- Able to learn new techniques and procedures
- Able to invent and propose new methods of work / modifications to existing systems
- Able to solve ad-hoc problems quickly with clearly defined solutions
- Quality and detail focus
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES - DESIRABLE
- Able to lead a team
- Clear concise communicator - written and verbal
- Able to adapt communication style to suit audience (Site Operator - Client - Managers and Supervisors)
- Effective Planner
OTHER REQUIREMENTS - ESSENTIAL
- Willing to travel and work within and outside the UAE for extensive periods
- Current and valid driving license
- Current and valid passport, no restrictions
OTHER REQUIREMENTS - DESIRABLE
- Internal Driving License
Competitive package with tax free salary.
About the Company
ALE is a leading provider of heavy lifting and transportation solutions to a wide variety of industry sectors worldwide, ranging from power generation to ports, from renewables to oil and gas, and from civil engineering to mining. We work with clients both onshore and offshore, and in many other challenging environments from high altitude, to desert and even arctic conditions. Our expertise lies in all aspects of heavy lifting and transportation, including specialised cranes, transporters, hydraulic equipment, and barges. The unique nature of our work means that we rely on highly skilled operators and engineers to work on our projects in a safety critical environment.