As an ALE Project Manager you will be responsible for successfully delivering projects in line with customer needs, contract requirements, and ALE company policies and procedures. You will work together closely with clients to identify needs and opportunities and to ensure high quality services are consistently being provided. Internally, you will lead and work closely together with the project team and other stakeholders to ensure project requirements including scope, schedule, and cost are understood and met. Your role will be key in promoting ALE as a professional and safety conscious service provider. No two projects are the same, and project sites will be at a number of destinations within Indonesia. If you’re looking for a role that provides constant challenge and variety, then look no further.
- Deliver all projects safely, on time, within budget, at the right quality, and with maximum customer satisfaction.
- Understand the business environment and organisational aspects that influence project delivery. This includes ALE policies and procedures as well as external factors such as the legal framework.
- Identify all project requirements through contract review, liaison with the client, and tendering documentation.
- Plan projects in such way that all project requirements are met. This includes preparing detailed schedules, accurate budgets, robust risk management, and quality deliverables such as Risk Assessment Method Statements, HSQE Plans, and other deliverables as required.
- Communicate project requirements to other departments in a timely manner through a kick-off meeting, progress meetings, and via other means as required.
- Deliver projects as per approved plans.
- Inform the client of changes in the project environment or work scope in a timely manner and assist the client dealing with changes.
- Address issues as they occur, deal with changes in accordance with change management procedures.
- Monitoring and controlling all aspects of project performance including budget and schedule through regular meetings, internal and external progress reporting and most importantly driving people performance.
- Ensure invoices are being raised correctly and in a timely manner.
- Utilise tools that are available to assist with successful project delivery notably our Global Management System (IFS) and our observation and incident notification software (Synergi Life).
- Close-out the project in ALE systems through a comprehensive project review, documentation lessons learnt, and distributing a close-out report to relevant stakeholders.
- Participate in all Health, Safety, Quality and Environment (HSQE) initiatives and strive to prevent non-conformities, accidents, injuries and illness by actively seeking to eliminate any unsafe work practices and condition
The Ideal Candidate
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE - ESSENTIAL
- HND or equivalent in engineering, logistics, quantity surveying, operations management
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE - DESIREABLE
- Degree in engineering, logistics, quantity surveying, operations management
- Appropriate HSQE qualification
- CSCS Safety Passport
- British Safety Council L2 Risk Assessment Training or equivalent
- CSCS Appointed Person or international equivalent
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
EXPERIENCE - DESIREABLE
- At least 1 year experience in transport, shipping or lifting markets with evidence of delivering targets and achieving objectives
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES - ESSENTIAL
- A hands-on pro-active attitude, not a 9 to 5 mentality.
- Proven experience of acting as a Project Manager with a direct customer interface
- Experience preferably within heavy lifting and transport industry
- Previous experience of living and working in South East Asia
- Willingness to undertake travel and work with extensive time away from normal place of work both nationally and internationally.
- Good communicator – Written and verbal
Attractive salary and benefits package based on skills and experience
About the Company
ALE is a leading provider of heavy lifting and transportation solutions to a wide variety of industry sectors worldwide, ranging from power generation to ports, from renewables to oil and gas, and from civil engineering to mining. We work with clients both onshore and offshore, and in many other challenging environments from high altitude, to desert and even arctic conditions. Our expertise lies in all aspects of heavy lifting and transportation, including specialised cranes, transporters, hydraulic equipment, and barges. The unique nature of our work means that we rely on highly skilled operators and engineers to work on our projects in a safety critical environment.