Conbit’s business in Eindhoven is experiencing significant growth and is looking to enhance its management structure with the addition of a Project Manager for special lifting and engineering projects. Typical project work involves planning, coordination and management of transportation, storage and lifting of structures, mostly in an offshore environment.
As a dynamic and driven individual, you will have full control and be directly responsible for ensuring all projects are delivered to exceed client requirements and ensure repeat business, whilst managing on site costs and all associated third-party services.
Your people and communication skills will be second to none and you will enjoy the challenge of working in a diverse team and inspiring staff, client, subcontract and other personnel at all levels to work together for safe and effective project delivery.Your role will be key in promoting Conbit’s image and maintaining a professional and safety conscious working environment. Working at a variety of locations, you will take pride in successful execution of Conbit’s innovative and impressive range of lifting services.
Your remit will generally begin with handover of secured tenders from the sales team. Starting with initial project coordination and planning, you will be responsible for liaising with the client to establish definitive project requirements, then liaising with each of the other departments and subcontractors in order to formulate project plans that meet both Conbit and client needs. During execution of the project on-site, you will be responsible for overseeing the implementation of these project plans and maintaining records whilst being the single point of contact between Conbit and the client. This can be an on-site role, or it can be monitored from the office while a supervisor on site represents Conbit on your behalf. On completion of the service delivery you will need to work closely with the finance team to ensure all costs and variations to contract are correctly invoiced. Typical tasks and challenges for this role will include:
- Attending site meetings and manage the interface between the client and any subcontractors. These may include technical, commercial, programming and HSQE issues and co-operate with all company employees and contractors.
- Project cost control - ensure our activities are compliant with our agreed scope/contract and that communication of change is made in a timely and suitable manner, identifying and negotiating variations and for claims management.
- Coordinate with operations to ensure all project activities are efficiently scheduled in the planner.
- Mobilise equipment, resources and people to site and ensure that operatives are assigned to roles for which they are competent and trained to perform in liaison with the Construction Manager.
- Control project budgets to deliver profitability, whilst ensuring that we deliver best in class service to our clients.
- Ensure that all project HSQE and other documentation is completed on-time and of sufficient quality to meet project requirements.
- Ensure all activities meet applicable standards for quality management, health and safety, environment and local laws that the business find itself operating under.
- Co-operate with Sales Managers to identify areas of additional revenue within a project and new sales opportunities.
- Implement first line discipline for personnel working under your control and communicate any grievances.
- Participate in all Health, Safety, Quality and Environment (HSQE) initiatives and strive to prevent non-conformities, accidents, injuries and illness by actively seeking to eliminate any unsafe work practices and conditions.
- Communicate all information affecting site safety and emergency procedures including participation in toolbox talks or HSQE briefings.
- Supervise the requirements to implement any 'management of change' procedures in accordance with company guidelines, in relation to any deviation from the safe system of work.
The Ideal Candidate
QUALIFICATIONS & KNOWLEDGE
- Degree in a related technical discipline
- Familiarity with service-delivery project life cycle
- Recognised Project Management Qualifications – PMI / PMP
- IOSH Certificate
- Risk Assessment Training
- Proven Track Record of Managing Projects of similar type, scope and nature with relevant experience within the EPC or similar related industry.
- Experience as a Project Manager
- Managing all aspects of projects including, planning, engineering, execution, commercial subcontract management and administration.
- Experience preferably within heavy lifting and transport industry
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strategically Minded
- Able to solve ad-hoc problems quickly with clearly defined solutions
- Excellent communication skills - (verbal and written) in both English and Dutch
- Commercial Administration
- Negotiation skills
- Able to adapt communication style to suit audience (Site Operator – Client – Management)
- Able to invent and propose new methods of work / modifications to existing systems
- Knowledge of ERP software (GMS – IFS)
- Hands-on approach
- Willingness to undertake travel and work with time away from normal place of work both within and outside of the Netherlands.
- High level of self-motivation.
- Current and valid driving license
- Current and valid passport, no restrictions
Competitive, dependent on experience
About the Company
For more than 20 years, Conbit has been serving industries in the fields of onshore and offshore oil and gas, offshore wind, decommissioning and petrochemicals.
We are specialised in special lifting, and our business focus is on lifting projects, lifting equipment, towers and stacks, and integrated projects.
We utilise our experience, knowledge and creative thinking to come up with the best solutions that not only meet customer demands but also conform to applicable codes and safety standards.
We aim to maintain long-term business relationships, and we therefore put great effort into close cooperation with our clients.
Conbit consists of 50 employees and is part of Mammoet, which employs approximately 7,000 employees in more than 40 locations all over the world.