Purchase Ledger Administrator - MATERNITY COVER
This is an excellent opportunity for 12 month maternity cover within a global engineering specialist and is best suited to a numerate candidate experienced in purchase ledger seeking to broaden their experience.
As a Purchase Ledger Administrator you will be responsible for the timely and accurate processing of transactions within the cashbook and purchase ledger within Abnormal Load Engineering Limited 'ALE'.
This position has been created due to maternity leave. You will interact with other departments and will become a key member in he further development of the ERP system, beyond stand alone accounting records.
- Timely and accurate processing of purchase orders and invoices
- Preparation of weekly AP runs
- Posting to accounts in multiple currencies
- Managing the month end close on purchase ledger
- Weekly review and reporting of GRNI
- External and intercompany reconciliation and reporting
- IT controls and finance housekeeping.
The Ideal Candidate
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE (Desirable)
- Numerate, articulate. Qualified by experience
- Experience in a similar role
- Understanding of project costing, currency transactions, VAT and intrastat
- Proficiency in Excel / Word / Outlook
- Excellent English written and oral skills
- Experience with ERP software is essential e.g. SAP / Oracle
- Able to prioritise to meet deadlines
- Able to learn new techniques and procedures
- Quality and detail focussed
OTHER REQUIREMENTS (Essential)
Must be eligible to live and work in the United Kingdom
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good communication skills, proactive, good initiative and ability to work under pressure.
- Team worker
Dependent upon experience
About the Company
ALE is an engineering specialist. The core activity of the group involves engineering solutions for the horizontal and vertical movement of very large individual items.
Our expertise lies in all aspects of heavy lifting and transportation, including specialised cranes, transporters, hydraulic equipment and barges. The unique nature of our work means that we rely on highly skilled operators and engineers to work on our projects in a safety critical environment.
ALE serve a wide variety of industry sectors worldwide, rangin from power generation to ports, from renewables to oil and gas, and from civil engineering to mining. We work both onshore and offshore, and in many other challenging environments from high altitude, to desert and even artic conditions. Our customers include the top global Engineering Procurement and Contracting companies(EPC's), oil and gas companies, NOC's, major infrastructure specialists, governments, ports and other contractors.
Formed in 1983, ALE employs 1900 people in 40 businesses across the world. The company has grown tenfold in the last ten years, and is continuing to reach out in new locations and sectors.