R&D Commisioning - Field Engineer
As a R&D Commissioning/Field Engineer you are responsible for the integration and commissioning from the electric and software part of the R&D developments and innovations. Setting up the R&D systems worldwide, in this role you are approximate 50-75% of your time abroad. On site you put the systems into operation, check the cabling, adjust all components and fine tune the system. You also carry out sub system testing onsite and ensure that the SAT is executed properly.
- You are responsible for the installation, integration and commissioning of the R&D control systems;
- Troubleshooting and support 50-75% of the time travelling in the Netherlands or abroad;
- For the time in Breda you will work on new project designs and maintain existing systems.
- Working close with the supervisors and operators for improving current systems;
- Work closely with the R&D control system department.
The Ideal Candidate
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE
- Knowledge gained through work experience or technical education such as industrial automation, electrical engineering, mechatronics or similar.
- You have knowledge of and experience with a wide range of electrical, hydraulic and mechanical installations;
- Knowledge of software development and test processes;
- Affinity with Controls (PLC)and PC software;
- Basic knowledge of reading electrical and hydraulic schematics;
- Affinity with hydraulics;
- You can analyze and solve technical problems efficiently;
- Fluent spoken and written Dutch and English;
- Working abroad for longer periods of time;
- Working in a team or individual.
- No 9 to 5 mentality
- Experience in the heavy transport branch
- Working on height certificate
- Driver license B
- VCA certificate
- Man, Lift Certificate
About the Company
ALE is a leading provider of heavy lifting and transportation solutions to a wide variety of industry sectors worldwide, ranging from power generation to ports, from renewables to oil and gas, from civil engineering to mining or decommissioning. We work with clients both onshore and offshore, and in many other challenging environments from high altitude, to desert and even arctic conditions. Our expertise lies in all aspects of heavy lifting and transportation, including specialised cranes, transporters, hydraulic equipment, and barges. The Research and Development Department is developing our own equipment. The unique nature of our work means that we rely on highly skilled operators and engineers to work on our projects in a safety critical environment.
Formed in 1983, ALE employs 2,000 people in 38 businesses across the world. The company has grown tenfold in the last ten years and is continuing to reach out to new locations and sectors.