The role of the Sales Representative is to raise the profile of ALE and secure orders for work within the entire sub-Saharan Africa region.
- To pursue set sales targets - primarily within an allocated portfolio, but also outside of it as necessary to achieve targets
- To report on progress against set sales targets
- To research, identify and pursue opportunities in various sectors
- To build and maintain relationships with key clients and new clients
- To determine and manage own travel itinerary as required by position
- To budget and write project specific offers
- To receive, process, manage/execute and timeously submit tenders
- To manage an maintain an account on ALE's CRM system
- To manage other ad-hoc admin tasks within the sales department
The Ideal Candidate
Qualifications/ Knowledge -Desireable
Matric, with a technical qualification and/or sales or marketing qualification with a proven track record as a sales representative in a technical position
Skills & Abilities
- Fluent in English (both written and verbal)
- Intermediate Excel/Word/Powerpoint/Outlook
- Able to quickly and effectively work through admin
- Communication, negotiation and inter-personal skills.
- Ambitious and Industrious
- Out-going and gregarious
- Interdependent team player
- Driven - high level of self motivation
- Drivers licence with own vehicle
- Current and valid passport (no restrictions)
A competitive salary is offered based on skills and experience.
With the Head Office based in Airport Industria, Cape Town the ideal candidate will be travelling frequently between Johannesburg and Cape Town.
About the Company
ALE is an engineering specialist. The core activity of the group involves engineering solutions for the horizontal and vertical movement of very large individual items.
Our expertise lies in all aspects of heavy lifting and transportation, including specialised cranes, transporters, hydraulic equipment, and barges. The unique nature of our work means that we rely on highly skilled operators and engineers to work on our projects in a safety critical environment.
ALE serve a wide variety of industry sectors worldwide, ranging from power generation to ports, from renewables to oil and gas, and from civil engineering to mining. We work both onshore and offshore, and in many other challenging environments from high altitude, to desert and ever arctic conditions. Our customers include the top global Engineering Procurement and Contracting companies (EPC's), oil and gas companies, NOC's major infrastructure specialists, governments, ports and other contractors.
Formed in 1983, ALE employes 2,100 people in 40 businesses across the world. The company has grown tenfold in the last ten years and is continuing to reach out to new locations and sectors.