Technical Sales Manager - South Africa
As a Technical Sales Manager you will be responsible for generating a profitable, predictable and growing revenue stream of projects in the defined geographic area.
The role purpose is twofold:
- To service enquiries in the heavy transport and lifting industry – from first contact to contract closure and hand-over to the projects department as well as maintaining contact throughout execution to ensure maximum client satisfaction.
- To break into and develop new client relationships and sectors such as mining, oil & gas, bridge construction, steel making, paper and sugar sectors into sustainable streams of revenue.
The role requires you to learn and gain an in depth understanding of the relevant sectors as well as the various techniques and types of equipment used in the heavy transport and lifting industry and to use this knowledge to develop and sell solutions in response to enquiries from existing and new clients. The role requires you to build strong relationships with clients, to be confident and highly credible at executive level.
The Ideal Candidate
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE - DESIREABLE
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering (preferably Mechanical)
EXPERIENCE - ESSENTIAL
- Minimum of 5 years experience in either the project freight forwarding, mining, oil & gas or EPCM sector
SKILLS - ESSENTIAL
- Negotiating Skills
- Intermediate Excel / Word / Powerpoint / Outlook
- Excellent communications skills both written and oral
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES – DESIREABLE
OTHER REQUIREMENTS - ESSENTIAL
- Willing to travel and work within Southern Africa for extensive periods
- Current and valid driving license
Competitive salary and benefits package based on skills and experience
Whilst the head office is based in Somerset West, Cape Town, the ideal candidate could be either from Cape Town or Johannesburg, as frequent travelling between the two cities will take place.
About the Company
ALE is a leading provider of heavy lifting and transportation solutions to a wide variety of industry sectors worldwide, ranging from power generation to ports, from renewables to oil and gas, and from civil engineering to mining. We work with clients both onshore and offshore, and in many other challenging environments from high altitude, to desert and even arctic conditions. Our expertise lies in all aspects of heavy lifting and transportation, including specialised cranes, transporters, hydraulic equipment, and barges. The unique nature of our work means that we rely on highly skilled operators and engineers to work on our projects in a safety critical environment.