Technician - Offshore Services
As a Technician you will be responsible for the operation and maintenance of ALE Offshore Services equipment both in the workshop and on site. You will be an integral member of the ALE team and will have a full and varied role.
* Load / offload, installation, operation and maintenance of Offshore Services equipment
including but not limited to Strand jacks, Hydraulic power units, Ballast pumps, Hydraulic
jacks and weighing equipment. Rigging and general lifting equipment.
* Guide / train other team members where necessary.
* To ensure that the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is worn at all times as required
* Liaise with operations department and / or line manager.
* To communicate and co-operate fully in order to ensure that we deliver the best in class of service to our clients.
* Ensure that the company's interests and image are projected at all times through good
practice and safe working.
* Should you feel that safety is being compromised then it is your duty to bring the matter to the attention of a member of the senior management team.
*To participate in all Health, Safety, Quality and Environment(HSQE) initiatives such as
prevention of non-conformities in the form of accidents, injuries and illness and to actively seek to eliminate any unsafe work practices and conditions.
* To ensure all work is carried out in accordance with legal, company and client safety
regulations, risk assessments and method statements.
* Maintenance and care of all PPE issued to you and to report any defects.
* Enforce the wearing of PPE among all staff.
* Complete and hand in training log book as required.
* Verify that daily equipment checks are completed and recorded in accordance with
* Adequately control the work area through demarcation and ensure unauthorised personnel do not enter.
* Communicate issues to management in a timely manner.
* Promote and ensure compliance with good housekeeping practices at all times.
* To ensure all checklists are completed and authorised prior to the commencement of work.
* To follow company procedure to report any accident or incident, and to actively participate in accident, incident or nonconformity investigation in a prompt and professional manner.
* To understand that preventing injury, damage and nonconformity will improve company
profit and efficiency
* You may be excepted to deputise for other personnel from time to time
The Ideal Candidate
ESSENTIAL Mechanical/Electrical City and Guilds, ONC, NVQ3 or similar qualification
DESIRABLE Hydraulic systems,PLC controlled equipment , experience in a similar role
ESSENTIAL Mechanical or Electrical Background
DESIRABLE Experience in hydraulic and mechanical maintenance and hydraulic system
ESSENTIAL Clear understanding of the relevant equipment and its use
DESIRABLE Problem solving and fault finding
High level of self motivation
Able to work as part of a team
Able to learn new techniques and procedures
DESIRABLE Able to invent and propose new methods of work/modifications to existing
Willing to travel and work within and outside of the UK for extensive
periods including occasional offshore working
Current valid driving license
Current valid passport, no restrictions
International driving licence
Offshore survival certificate
About the Company
ALE is an engineering specialist. The core activity of the group involves engineering solutions for the horizontal and vertical movement of very large individual items.
Our expertise lies in all aspects of heavy lifting and transportation, including specialised cranes,transporters, hydraulic equipment, and barges. The unique nature of our work means that we rely on highly skilled operators and engineers to work on our projects in a safety critical environment.
ALE serve a wide variety of industry sectors worldwide, ranging from power generation to ports, from renewables to oil and gas, and from civil engineering to mining. We work both onshore and offshore, and in many other challenging environments from high altitude, to desert and even arctic conditions. Our customers include the top global Engineering Procurement and Contracting companies (EPCs), oil and gas companies, NOCs, major infrastructure specialists, governments, ports and other contractors.
Formed in 1983, ALE employs 2,500 people in 40 businesses across the world. The company has grown tenfold in the last ten years, and is continuing to reach out to new locations and sectors.