- Manage the operational team in the port and at site and traveling between port and site
- Monitor operational site budget and report any potential variations or deviations from agreed scope of work to the project manager
- Ensure all pre-operational checks are carried out and recorded, and report any deviations and / or malfunctions of equipment in a timely manner. When equipment has been reassembled post-transport, ensure a functional test is carried out on site
- Attend and participate in project meetings as required
- Ensure that all work is carried out according to the risk assessment method statement
- Ensure that all work is carried out according to the project traffic management plan
- Deliver, organize and attend toolbox talks and kick-off meetings at the beginning of each project
- To communicate regularly with the client, project manager, and operations manager during the project in a professional manner.
- Carry out and record site inspections at the beginning of a journey
- Ensure that all Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental (HSQE) requirements are met, and promote and participate in all HSQE and training initiatives such as SSOT
- Follow the correct procedure to report details of any accident, incident or nonconformity and to participate in the investigation of the aforementioned
- Carry out route surveys when required
- Support the operations manager with annual performance review of operational employees
- Use all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). It is your responsibility to maintain all PPE issued to you and to report any defects as soon as possible. Ensure all other ALE personnel wear PPE.
- Should you feel that safety is being compromised, then it is your duty to bring the matter to the attention of a member of the senior management team
- To contribute to a co-operative working environment within the company
- Promote and ensure good housekeeping is practiced at all times
- To understand that preventing injury, damage and nonconformity will improve company profit and efficiency
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience with electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role in the renewables sector
- English oral and written
- Ability to communicate with all levels of staff
- Must be able to work as and head up a team
- Must possess the ability to learn new techniques and procedures
- The ability to invent and put forward new methods of work and or modifications to existing systems
- Able to solve ad-hoc problems quickly with clearly defined solutions
- Adaptable and used to taking the lead
- Organised and logical
- Proactive and willing to learn
- Driving licence
About the Company
ALE is an engineering specialist. The core activity of the group involves engineering solutions for the horizontal and vertical movement of very large individual items.
Our expertise lies in all aspects of heavy lifting and transportation, including specialised cranes, transporters, hydraulic equipment, and barges. The unique nature of our work means that we rely on highly skilled operators and engineers to work on our projects in a safety critical environment.
ALE serve a wide variety of industry sectors worldwide, ranging from power generation to ports, from renewables to oil and gas, and from civil engineering to mining. We work both onshore and offshore, and in many other challenging environments from high altitude, to desert and even arctic conditions. Our customers include the top global Engineering Procurement and Contracting companies (EPCs), oil and gas companies, NOCs, major infrastructure specialists, governments, ports and other contractors.
Formed in 1983, ALE employs 1,500 people in 38 businesses across the world. The company has grown tenfold in the last ten years, and is continuing to reach out to new locations and sectors.